Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wetweasel

Thread: Lowa z8 width

Lowa z8 width

Can any body with a pair of z8s tell me about the width of these boots or better yet measure the inner sole I have slightly wider feet

Thanks for any help

You'll want the WXL width that they do, very narrow for Europeans otherwise. Pretty sure most of the Tibets and Ranger in this country are WXL

What kind of country are you in? I found the soles on these so damn slippery, got rid of them because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetweasel View Post
    Can any body with a pair of z8s tell me about the width of these boots or better yet measure the inner sole I have slightly wider feet

Thanks for any help
    I have a pair that I can measure but I wouldn't go there they are slippery mother f-----. I have just gone to rangers from Bivouac cheaper than H&F by $100.
    The z8 are not very good when carrying a load and sideling as well.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Ok well if there slippery f@#k that I will find something else
    25 /08 IMP likes this.

I have Z8s GTX and find them great. Have used them in Stewart island bush, up the McCauley chasing Tahr in the snow, open tops in Hawkden Range, never had a problem with grip. That's just my opinion however.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    I have a pair that I can measure but I wouldn't go there they are slippery mother f-----. I have just gone to rangers from Bivouac cheaper than H&F by $100.
    The z8 are not very good when carrying a load and sideling as well.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    +1, these are my least favourite boots by far! I'd look into the Lowa Renegade, they have a good wide fit that it sounds like you need.

I dont think they do a wxl in the z8 boots well didn't last year. I have super wide feet. Still yet to find a boot that suits old rangers wxl still bit narrow.