Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Mainlander Gumboots NZ Made but who?

Mainlander Gumboots NZ Made but who?

I was trying to work out where the leaks were while checking a trap line. Had a closer look at home and both heels have vertical cracks a few cm long each. Boots only about 1 year old brought new. Trying to find the receipt. Might have to look at my credit card payments. The Mainlander replaced my Grub boots (UK made) after 5-6 years use. Both comfy supportive boots but NZ made and 12 months old, leaking, really??

I can root a pair of gumboots in a month..... always go where they bend behind toes.... you CAN use bicycle repair kit and put wee patch on them.... sorry cant help with your question.

I hear what you are saying but if you went through say 3 or 4 NZ made gumboots per year at $100.00 each, non commercial, hmmm. The Mainlander is form fitting, neoprene upper. Never expected the heals to crack within 12 mths , not even old Red Bands! Makes going back to UK Grubs look good. And just found the agent/supplier via my credit card receipt and further digging online. See what happens i guess.
    Micky Duck likes this.

for work as truck driver sowing fertilizer,Ive gone to skellerup ashley steel caps... the laceup and steel cap bit satifies health n safety ....the laces are loosely done and dont gettouched unless I step out of truck wrong way and roll ankle like did yesterday...then they get done up tight ...grimace and carry on..... they dont rot out with fertilizer and are happy with cow pooh..... get a new pair each year and the last years pair are still good...so swap them out when one gets wet or sweaty. runningtwo or three pairs means NEVER get smelly feet.....
    timattalon and A330driver like this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunteast View Post
    I hear what you are saying but if you went through say 3 or 4 NZ made gumboots per year at $100.00 each, non commercial, hmmm. The Mainlander is form fitting, neoprene upper. Never expected the heals to crack within 12 mths , not even old Red Bands! Makes going back to UK Grubs look good. And just found the agent/supplier via my credit card receipt and further digging online. See what happens i guess.
    What makes you think they’re nz made? My money is on Chinese manufacture. Any time the phrases “designed in nz” and “tested in nz conditions” are used, it is almost certainly not an nz made product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mainlander Marine Neoprene Gumboots are unlike your ordinary rubber gumboots. They are made with soft, four-way stretch flexible neoprene coated in hand laid durable natural rubber. Designed in New Zealand for NZ conditions and demands, and made to the highest standards and thoroughly tested in NZ’s rugged outdoor environment. Featuring a non-slip, non-marking outsole, they are easy to wear and remove.

Very true, above comment on an outlet in NZ says designed in NZ. But has the fern leaf on each boot - would have thought that would be trade marked? Still back for a swap all going well, just within the 12 month warranty.
    Micky Duck likes this.

MB
    Bought mine from Complete Angler online. They have been good, but I only wear them for duck shooting and the occasional farm hunt. Did walk 22km in them one day, but that was a one off. Comfortable even over this distance. Anyway, no leaks.

22 km in one walk! I admit they are comfortable to wear in the field. Gumboot design has come along way over the years.

Thanks to Complete Angler, my boots replaced under warranty. Slightly different design the ones i now have - guess upgrading all the time.
    jakewire and Micky Duck like this.

So which is better, Grub's, Mainlander, or skellerup quattro's? I've got a pair of Quattro's which I'm looking at replacing and I have looked at Grub's frostline and Mainlander Neoprene gumboots but can decide which ones, my quatto's and super comfortable but are getting really pricy now.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    What makes you think they’re nz made? My money is on Chinese manufacture. Any time the phrases “designed in nz” and “tested in nz conditions” are used, it is almost certainly not an nz made product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What MSL says .. Chinese made for sure

Mine are only 6 months old and feel damp already just being in water.
    But they are the cheapest

Name:  Mainlander sm.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  434.2 KB

I had a pair of "muckboots" neoprene ones, horrible
    Went back to Skellerup 4x4 Marathon and much better all round. Have discovered I don't really like neoprene upper gumboots unless they go all the way up to your chest!!
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I had a pair of "muckboots" neoprene ones, horrible
    Went back to Skellerup 4x4 Marathon and much better all round. Have discovered I don't really like neoprene upper gumboots unless they go all the way up to your chest!!
    Yeah, I hate cold nipples too. Especially from leaking gumboots...

outdoor outfitters (gun city wholesale)
    https://www.outdooroutfitters.co.nz/...ander-footwear
    Appears they are still the importers