Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick-D

Thread: MARKHOR MACHO 35

MARKHOR MACHO 35

I know that I was looking for a pack round 50l but after going into hunting & shifting on sun looking at packs & geting no help from the staff I'm having a rethink on my packs & liked the look of the MARKHOR MACHO 35 what people's thorts on them can they carry out a big load of meat for a few hrs with out killing you lol

I recently purchased a Huntech 40 litre pack for carrying the meat back to camp. Folds down small to carry inside my main pack. My other 45 litre pack Markhor though not cheap had the stitching rip out of one should strap during the last roar, had to use string to tie up to carry out the load. Though overall appears not many packs have the shoulder straps built into the back harness anymore? Just sewn along the edge? Huntech looks the same but lighter pack to take tied to my tramping pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteast View Post
    I recently purchased a Huntech 40 litre pack for carrying the meat back to camp. Folds down small to carry inside my main pack. My other 45 litre pack Markhor though not cheap had the stitching rip out of one should strap during the last roar, had to use string to tie up to carry out the load. Though overall appears not many packs have the shoulder straps built into the back harness anymore? Just sewn along the edge? Huntech looks the same but lighter pack to take tied to my tramping pack.
    haha I had a huntech 40l strap shit the bed when carrying a sika stag. Was a fun 2 hour walk through a million dodgy stream crossings with a rifle, pack full stag of meat and a 8 point head with only 1 strap. Ended up in the drink twice.

To be fair to huntech I think that was one of the early ones and they replaced it no questions asked. My new one has hauled a couple deer now no worries. I often do overnighters in it. Not real comfortable under load but bloody good in the bush
    Gibo likes this.

Sounds like a Twin Needle (Chch Custom Repair people) modification is in order for my Huntech - just in case!?

My replacement one has been fine. Looks like they beefed up the stitching. I had one of the early remakes that had the backwards compression straps etc. Chances are you'll be sweet

Re the Markhor, I have the Corsica which is an older model and only 32 Liters. I found the hip belt too thin but the removeable wire frame and general layout is perfect for me.

I fixed the narrow hip belt by getting one of those Emmerson padded battle hip belts. It threaded through the original system easily, and another plus was it has MOLLE on it should I be wanting to strap more shit around me.