Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Maxtoch 2X torch v. HID spotlight

Maxtoch 2X torch v. HID spotlight

Okay did some interesting light testing tonight. I know the dedomed (U3 led) Maxtoch 2X torches run at 290-300k lux, and the dedomed M24s with same run around 170-190k. Great performers capable of lighting up paddocks with ease, and picking up big animals hundreds of meters away.

This evening my cobber gave me his Lightforce spotlight with an HID conversion unit in it - he had tested it in the field against his new Maxtoch 2X last night and came back saying his Maxtoch 2X was better. So I have just done a lux meter test on it and hey hey, the 2X is significantly stronger. The HID spottie read 225k lux - about 35-50k more than the smaller M24 Maxtoch, but 65-75k lux less than the 2X.

Confirms what we already know - the Maxtochs are better than alot of spotlights. Doesn't mean the Maxtoch is brighter than all HIDs, but its right up there - gives you an idea just how good these handheld torches are. Frankly we don't use our big spots anymore though they could be useful if you're shooting all night - save battery changes.
    Munsey and Danny like this.

Used my Maxtoch up against a HID nightforce for wallabies. The HID didn't show up their eyes, but the Maxtoch did.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Frankly we don't use our big spots anymore though they could be useful if you're shooting all night - save battery changes.
    I'll let you tell @2gnscib that bit. I'll just say I was on gate duty while he was using it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Man this is probably an over asked question. But who can I get to dedome my torches

And wheres the best palce to buy maxtorches. Do they do headlamps too.
    birch likes this.

pics or it didn't happen
    #BallisticFists

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Man this is probably an over asked question. But who can I get to dedome my torches
    Me.
    7mmsaum likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Good to know mate how much? I would buy probaby 4 or 5 torches and the same amount of headlamps for my staff next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    And wheres the best palce to buy maxtorches. Do they do headlamps too.
    Buy them here

Aliexpress.com : Buy MAXTOCH Sniper M24 Limited Version, 1250lm with Hidden Strobe, AR Lens, Copper LED Base, Long Shooting Distance Hunt Flashlight from Reliable copper cab suppliers on EST GROUP Co., Ltd | Alibaba Group

They don't do headlamps as far as I'm aware.

For headlamps I prefer these with the on off button on the side so easier to access and they have a good hinge too. Brother-in-law grabbed most of mine for the farm.

2000 Lumens CREE XM L XML T6 LED Headlamp Headlight Flashlight Head Lamp Light + 2*18650 battery + charger + Car Charger-in Headlamps from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

These are also very well made but have the switch on the back. They have a tighter beam.

Headlamp bike light 1600 Lumens CREE XM L T6 LED Headlamp Headlight Rechargeable 2x 18650 Lamp Light +Charger(US/EU/AU Plug)-in Headlamps from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    300CALMAN likes this.

Thanks Gadgetman. Order placed.
    Dan M

Cartman - if you ordered from maxtoch you can ask them to send lights EMS international freight service - they do this free for like 4 or more torches. Means 7-8 days instead of chinapost's 2-8 weeks. Email Amanda at amanda@maxtoch.cn

Did you order M24 (scope mount plus handheld) or 2X (handheld)?

Thanks Gadgetman I was wondering which headlamp to order. Have you tried any focus-able LED hand held touches worth mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Thanks Gadgetman I was wondering which headlamp to order. Have you tried any focus-able LED hand held touches worth mentioning?
    These are pretty good. The clicky bit on the hinge often fails, but a blob of bluetac holds them up.

Cheap Flood-to-Throw 3-Mode Cree Q3 LED Headlamp (1*18650)

They are not as bright and nowhere near the range of the others above which can be de-domed.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    These are pretty good. The clicky bit on the hinge often fails, but a blob of bluetac holds them up.

Cheap Flood-to-Throw 3-Mode Cree Q3 LED Headlamp (1*18650)

They are not as bright and nowhere near the range of the others above which can be de-domed.
    it seems most of the serious lights are of non focusing type...

Iteresting this de-doming. Wounder how risky it would be to de-dome my SRT7?