Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Meat mincer

Meat mincer

Hi has anyone had any experience with these mincers? And are they any good? They're cheap as chips

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...ing/3716092241

Wouldn't waste my money on it. They can't lie straight in bed. Call it 60 hz, say it draws 2800 watts, then say it draws 300 watts. If it sells for $50 you can bet your boots it cost $5 bucks to make. So it will last as long as a $5 machine is designed to last. That's about halfway through your first animal!
    dannyb likes this.

notice the 2800W at the top then read the specs and its 300W

Similar units on eBay. I would only use it for mincing a bit of veg or light kitchen work.

hand crank ones from savebarn work a treat, mates been using one 10 years for everything from game to burley making.
    257weatherby, Allizdog and RV1 like this.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    hand crank ones from savebarn work a treat, mates been using one 10 years for everything from game to burley making.
    This.

Cheap as chips, had one for years, only went electric coz I got given a good one by a friend on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    This.

Cheap as chips, had one for years, only went electric coz I got given a good one by a friend on the way out.
    Do the savebarn ones come with the full set of plates or just the berley wide hole ones? The aluminium ones look like they have the good fine meat mincing plates but really you want the big cast iron jobbie with fine plates otherwise you are basically limited to strips of meat which is a lot more prep.

The bigger cast iron ones can be fitted with a v-belt pulley of about 300mm diameter as well, and you can drive them off a 3/4Hp motor or possibly smaller with a reduction gearbox. 1/3rd HP reduction box is a little small from experience...

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Do the savebarn ones come with the full set of plates or just the berley wide hole ones? The aluminium ones look like they have the good fine meat mincing plates but really you want the big cast iron jobbie with fine plates otherwise you are basically limited to strips of meat which is a lot more prep.

The bigger cast iron ones can be fitted with a v-belt pulley of about 300mm diameter as well, and you can drive them off a 3/4Hp motor or possibly smaller with a reduction gearbox. 1/3rd HP reduction box is a little small from experience...
    Just the one plate. Big holes.
    CBH Australia likes this.

I use an old Kenwood cake mixer I bought off trademe with a mincer attachment on the front. Works a treat. Various size mincer plates. Also has a tube for filling sausages.

Kitchen aid do the same thing & iv got one there mincer attachment & it goes well

I've got one, it was cheap and i needed something in a hurry. It works ok, just run it for 6-7 minutes (3kg or so)then give it a minute to cool down. works fine for me, i guess ive done 30-40 kg of stuff through it so far. Don't bother with the sausage stuffer attachment...

seems cheap but relatively functional for a one man operation, by the time the thing needs to cool down Ive got enough mince to do the next step anyway.... rinse and repeat.

It is a home appliance, so i would be a bit shy about stuffing a whole deer through it in one go but for the cash...... im happy with mine.

Ive got 2 of those and blew both of them, plastic gears which split when under load. Best for fruit and veg

Quote Originally Posted by hunt08 View Post
    Kitchen aid do the same thing & iv got one there mincer attachment & it goes well
    We have tried the kitchenaid mincer before but the wife didnt like the idea of it because it sounded like the mixer was working a bit harder than it should be especially with the tougher bits.

I also thought if I get a hand crank one pull the handle off and chuck my Makita cordless on the shaft that could potentially work too haha.

I bought one. It's worked well so far. Done about 4kg of venison trim so far.

Ive got something like it, works fine, do all of our mincing on one, I dont push it real hard but for the bucks its easy work, had it about 5 years with no issues, if you put the metal bits in a dishwasher they discolour real bad, fuck knows what its made of. Other than that its gone just fine