Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Meat Mincers

Meat Mincers

Can anyone recommend from personal experience, a good electrically drive meat mincer for processing meat for the table? Would need to be able to handle anything between 5kg to 50kg in a batch depending on what I managed to harvest at the time.

I've tried most of the domestic electric ones. They all pack up in the end.
    My current one is a Kenwood 2kw and it seems to be the best of the bunch.

The main thing is to trim as much sinew out of the meat as possible. That's what kills them.
    DAF, puku and Micky Duck like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I have a Chinese hand mincer. Hardly what you'd call hard work and easy to use.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Yes, the lifespan of the domestic ones worry me, and at the price, you only have to kill a couple to warrant the extra cost of a better unit.

Tracked these down:
    Tre-Spade Compact Electric Meat Mincer - Netropolitan
    Electric Meat Mincer TC-8 Inox - Netropolitan

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

The main thing is to trim as much sinew out of the meat as possible. That's what kills them.
    What he said, got the sausage maker as well with our one

Mincer S/S meat mincer grinder sausage maker | Trade Me

Had one of these for about 5 years, sometimes mince a whole deer in one sitting, hoons through them. Gets used at least once a month, sausages are easy to fill with it as well.

DAF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

I've got one of these, can't fault it, goes well
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

So I ended up purchased one of these: Electric Mincer TC-22 EL ECO - Netropolitan

Name:  TC-22-EL-ECO-500x500.jpg
Views: 5487
Size:  22.9 KB

Wasn't cheap but I figured that between my two brothers and I it would pay for its self, and I cannot see if failing any time in the next 20 years. Its build like a tank. The sales guy passed comment that one customer he has purchased it for processing rabbits for his cats. He used to bone them out for his old mincer but now he feeds them through bones and all. (I thought it would be easier just to feed the cat through and be done with it....!)

Any way, processed a full size hind (minus the back steaks) in 15 minutes. Didn't bother being particular in removing any sinew. No blockages. Key for speed is to strip cut the meat so that it falls down the in-feed without having to use the plunger.
    There is a smaller and slightly cheaper version but it didn't have a reverse button for clearing of blockages (not sure if that's useful yet as it hasn't blocked) and the larger one has a greater speed reduction which I am lead to believe is important for not heating up the meat (80rpm versus 160rpm).

Comes with a size 8 plate, and I bought a size 6 on recommendation. Size 8 is fine for general mince production.

Highly recommended.

Put two hinds through today. This mincer has well and truly paid for its self.

Name:  2017-03-18 16.57.10.jpg
Views: 5662
Size:  770.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    Put two hinds through today. This mincer has well and truly paid for its self.

Attachment 65644
    Great when the cutter and plates are sharp. Shit when not. Where are people getting the plates and cutter ground or if doing it yourself how are you doing it? Thanks in advance
    JasonW likes this.

you could proably hone the cutter face down on a wetstone or some fine wet and dry on a very flat surface

myself i have a cheap 80$ trademe one, its pretty noisy but seems to churn through semi frozen meat ok. made a few batches of sausages with the attachment and that works ok too.
    #BallisticFists

Mines done 6 or 7 deer and theres not a mark on the cutter or the plates as yet. They do say that you should alway match a plate to a cutter and keep them together for life. If you replace either, replace both with new.
    keneff likes this.

Reviving a bit of an old thread, but thought I’d add my experience for those looking for a mincer.

I just bought one of these: https://zeropak.co.nz/zeropak-hakka-...c-meat-mincer/

It’s a TC12 model, rated at 150kg/h and I reckon it’s perfect for the serious home butcher. Can’t say that I’d need to go up in size to a TC22… all stainless construction too which is really nice!

@7mmwsm has a mean one.
    Use enough gun

NRT
    All ways freeze my meat before mincing ,in meal size portion A it mincers better and B it last better in freezer

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    rugerman likes this.