Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sako75

Thread: Mig welders?

Mig welders?

Hey all,

Im looking for a mig welder that's not too expensive. I've found this one 230 amp Single Phase Migwelder | Trade Me that I may be able to pick up for a bargain. But I can't find any info on it, I.e. duty cycle
    I also found this one, MIG Welder Digital Inverter Pro 200A | Trade Me but unsure wether it is gas compatible.

Requirements are; has to be single phase, needs to be compatible with gas and around 150-200 amps.

I looked at the Repco ones but they are way down in D/C like 10% at 150.!!

Thanks Puku

Oh happy New Year
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Weldwell brought them in from Italy with their nameplate on them. A good 1ph mig. Good duty cycle. The regs are made in their Napier factory. Looks to have a gas minimiser on it to reduce the gas surge when pulling the trigger. The Tregaskis guns they put on them are hard to get parts for. Binzel are good guns with parts everywhere. A good machine to buy however 2nd hand you don't know what you are getting.
    The other mig I have no idea on. Looks Chinese.

I would go for the Weldwell machine
    veitnamcam and Maca49 like this.

Thanks Sako75.
    So if the gun has problems, or would be easier to upgrade it. I'm assuming it's possible if the plugs are the same.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

From memory they have a euro fitting on them. Easy to put a MB24 or MB25 binzel torch on them? you may be able to get torch parts from fletcher steel as they are distributors for Weldwell if there is no other distributor near you.
    weldwell use to be a leading company but now appears to be a shadow of its former self

It seems the auction has already shot up today. I was thinking if I could get it for $500 it would be a real bargain. What sort of money do you think its worth?
    That gas bottle may need to be checked out next fill, Looks well used to me

It seems the auction has already shot up today. I was thinking if I could get it for $500 it would be a real bargain. What sort of money do you think its worth?
    That gas bottle may need to be checked out next fill, Looks well used to me

Buying a Mig, Italy good , Chinese yuk, unless you buy off a bigger company with back up. I see enough of them stuffed to stay away from Chinese.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

would have to agree with maca49 on this one been through the chinese stuff, your better to put money into a cigweld or some thing knowen