Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By HNTMAD
  • 2 Post By Cliff
  • 1 Post By Jit

Thread: MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2019

MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2019

Evening guys

Just wanted to know if anyone had one of these tents and what you thought of it.
    I've seen a fair few mixed reviews with some saying that it's great and others saying it leaks.

Cheers,
    Dan

If its leaking you got to ask if its been seam sealed.... macpac doesnt do them as they dont know how long they will sit on the shelf for

I have just upgraded into one. The advice was if you going to be in continuous heavy rain then seam seal, if not there is no need

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Jit and 223nut like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Link
    No issues with mine yet, however haven't had it in any massive downpours...

2019 Hubba NX range is not tape seam sealed. They double over the fabric and use a water resistant thread for all seams. Traditional tape seam seals just don’t last on lightweight materials due to humidity, uv exposure and poor maintenance and storage.

In short, if you’re expecting significant rain then liquid seam seal it.
    HNTMAD and 223nut like this.

Jit
    I’ve got one.
    Get a foot print and you’ll have no issue. I’ve been very happy with mine. Cosy for 2 6ft blokes but very manageable, ok in the wind and light split between 2. I’ve never had any leaks at all and it’s been in plenty of rain and very sodden ground.
    With the foot print you can use it as a shelter for about the same weight as tarp and pole but with much more versatility.
    WillB likes this.

mines all good, no significant leaks in some pretty wet weather on the coast.

Been watching this thread with a bit of interest as I'm looking at a new tent and this seems to tick a lot of boxes for me. Only bad reviews I have come across are people who haven't seem sealed it. Sort of seems like a no brainer living in NZ to do this first.

I'm pretty keen in the Kuiu Mountain Star. Super light and I like the external pole design with ability to remove the inner and run fly only.