Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: MSR Windburner

MSR Windburner

Whos got one/used one? What do you like/dislike about it? Are they worth the extra cost over something from Jetboil?
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

As far as I am aware they are all exactly the same thing with different branding. Kovea, jetboil etc just different colours
    Only thing is getting the one with the package size you want ie the size container

Quite different, they use radiant heat instead of the open burner style of the Jetboil. Less affected by wind, altitude etc. I would likely upgrade to a Windburner if I was doing more alpine style hunting, but for me the Jetboil works.
    csmiffy likes this.

I have one, never used a jet boil to compare, have to use a lighter to light rather than pressing a button.
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I like mine less affected by wind,As above have to use a lighter to start.Annoying thing is accessories are a rip as they bayonet to the cooker.$170 slides for a fry pan.

sneakywaza I got
    Still using hexi. Costs nothing, weighs nothing, low profile, occupies fuck all space, can't break it, always works.

I do like the idea of the MSR jobbie in a tent or next to a bivvy bag though, had a jetboil, too tall, pain in the bum in the wind, don't have it any more. Don't buy an MSR here tho, get it from offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicjoe View Post
    Quite different, they use radiant heat instead of the open burner style of the Jetboil. Less affected by wind, altitude etc. I would likely upgrade to a Windburner if I was doing more alpine style hunting, but for me the Jetboil works.
    well there you go. I know when I did some research a while back some of them are the same at least

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Still using hexi. Costs nothing, weighs nothing, low profile, occupies fuck all space, can't break it, always works.

I do like the idea of the MSR jobbie in a tent or next to a bivvy bag though, had a jetboil, too tall, pain in the bum in the wind, don't have it any more. Don't buy an MSR here tho, get it from offshore.
    me too bud..me too but Ive got all flash and use a tiny beercan cooker inside it...made from redbull sized can.... it fits inside folded up hexi frame along with a tin lid for primer tray and a lighter..30 mls of meths boils my 750ml mug and a hot chai latte from sachette makes a miserable day quite plesant.Ive even taken to carrying it when stalking for mid day cuppa!!!!

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    me too bud..me too but Ive got all flash and use a tiny beercan cooker inside it...made from redbull sized can.... it fits inside folded up hexi frame along with a tin lid for primer tray and a lighter..30 mls of meths boils my 750ml mug and a hot chai latte from sachette makes a miserable day quite plesant.Ive even taken to carrying it when stalking for mid day cuppa!!!!
    That, is quite a random co-incidence, I have a homemade mini meths cooker made I made from a redbull can, once it is running, it is the cup support. Only drawback is no resistance to wind. Quite tough little cookers too.

i have a jetboil and a msr windburner ... the windburner is better than the jet boil in exposed and colder climates like snowy tops etc, the rest of the year i use the jetboil... side by side they are very much the same but the windburner is less effected by air movement and the burner acts differently.
    Ryan_Songhurst and csmiffy like this.

sneakywaza I got
    My little homemade meths cooker, from an immigrant beer can. Will support and boil a 2 liter billy if needed, just a matter of measuring the right amount of fuel.Name:  keller can cooker.JPG
Views: 663
Size:  1.71 MB
    rewa likes this.

Anyone tried one of the AliExpress copies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Anyone tried one of the AliExpress copies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup I got one it's identical to the ones bushbuck sell and have to say next to my mates jetboil branded one I can't fault it at all in fact we had a boil off and mine boiled faster
    veitnamcam and Spudattack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Yup I got one it's identical to the ones bushbuck sell and have to say next to my mates jetboil branded one I can't fault it at all in fact we had a boil off and mine boiled faster
    I have the same and it is good, it uses a fair bit of gas but I don't know if that is the norm for them. Works well otherwise