Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Boots for NI

New Boots for NI

Hey guys my lowa z6s have fucked out after a almost two years and Im looking for some reviews on some new boots mainly for the North Island. Has anyone used lowa rangers or scarpas? Interested to know peoples views on some boots before I spend any more cash. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    Hey guys my lowa z6s have fucked out after a almost two years and Im looking for some reviews on some new boots mainly for the North Island. Has anyone used lowa rangers or scarpas? Interested to know peoples views on some boots before I spend any more cash. Cheers
    Watching with interest as I'm wanting to replace my Z6 as well.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Been Upto likes this.

MSL
    I got some bestard explorers last year. A very tall boot, which I like, but quite lightweight and comfortable straight off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been Upto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    What blew out on them? I don't know the boot, but if you tell us what wore out it might help diagnose what you need next.(ie if you're tough on your boots in a specific way, or whether it fell to bits cause it couldn't cut the mustard)

Always pleased to see your progress, and to see you smiling after you shot something new.
    Been Upto likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    What blew out on them? I don't know the boot, but if you tell us what wore out it might help diagnose what you need next.(ie if you're tough on your boots in a specific way, or whether it fell to bits cause it couldn't cut the mustard)

Always pleased to see your progress, and to see you smiling after you shot something new.
    Cheers bro its been awesome being apart of this community. My boots im not sure whether or not the wear was from neglect or how I use them but Ill get a photo of where its starting to come apart. Im sure someone on here will be able to tell me whats gone on
    Max Headroom likes this.

Good one. I have the same boots but the 8’s (slightly higher) I believe.
    Where I hunt (Ni) is easy as on boots but I’m careful now with heat and drying them etc.
    Interested in seeing more.
    Been Upto likes this.
    Dan M

Ni stuff I'm a fan of lightweight synthetics like the Solomon 4d gtx's or salewa's.
    BRADS and Been Upto like this.

I've had a number of pairs of Scarpas and really rate them but all feet are different. Best thing to do is try on as many pairs as you can and see what fits best.
    WillB and Been Upto like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Most of the backcountry farmers around here use these for the hills. Usually just over $200... Highlander 2.0 | John Bull Footwear
    Been Upto likes this.

I have been using my Z6 for a bit longer than Been upto but have done way less miles as I'm an old fart.
    The thing I find is they are slippery on most terrains and with a load on your back and sideling my feet roll off the sole but I find the Tibet too stiff. So looking to replace mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    I have been using my Z6 for a bit longer than Been upto but have done way less miles as I'm an old fart.
    The thing I find is they are slippery on most terrains and with a load on your back and sideling my feet roll off the sole but I find the Tibet too stiff. So looking to replace mine as well.

Best to give up diving and hit the hills more to get some Kms on those boots

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    Yip just back from Stewart Island family holiday but managed a couple of dives and it's hunting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    I didn't pick up on that it was you Leigh sorry.

Haha. I wondered if you would of realised it was me or not. I also need new boots. What's with us naki boys.

Looking at some light weight synthetics as someone mentioned above. Scarpa or La Sportiva etc. Previously had Tibet gtx far too stiff and heavy. For NI hunting.

Iv got the crispi Ascent Plus GTX® boot & love them really light weight & comfy but I only payd $300 for them 12month's ago