Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New Shipment of PLB's

New Shipment of PLB's

Hey guys.

I have a shipment of PLBs arriving mid next week. They are available for $335 each. This is one of the lowest prices on the market so there really is no excuse for any one to not have a PLB to make sure they make it home to there family. I can ship these nation wide.

They are the KTi Safety Alert 2, included with the purchase is a neoprene case, signal mirror and lanyard along with a copy of the registration forms incase you can't register it online. It weighs in at a mere 140grams so won't add much to your pack weight.

These are covered by a 10 year warranty and 10 year battery life. They feature a 66 channel GPS and homing signal to help get you rescued even faster. They are also waterproof..

We also have rental PLBs available along with a Garmin inreach 66i available for rent.

You can email me to organize purchase at sales@intellisol.nz or you can order direct on our website. www.intellisol.nz

We are a legit NZ registered business and GST registered so you can have confidence ordering from us..

I'll add some photos up to the thread shortly.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Pics as promised

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Greetings,

"...........These are covered by a 10 year warrantyand 10 year battery life.........." As I've been burned with 10 year battery life claims in other devices which do not last 2 years, are your batteries user replaceable or does the unit get turfed?

Please don't reply just to tell me about your 10 year warranty as I have read it and that is not what I am questioning .

Thank You
    Sika stag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Greetings,

"...........These are covered by a 10 year warrantyand 10 year battery life.........." As I've been burned with 10 year battery life claims in other devices which do not last 2 years, are your batteries user replaceable or does the unit get turfed?

Please don't reply just to tell me about your 10 year warranty as I have read it and that is not what I am questioning .

Thank You
    All beacons must meet cospas sarsat standards in order to get the type approval certificate which they need before they can be sold. Part of that type approval testing is to confirm the unit meets all of the manufacturer stated specs.

So yes we are 100% confident that the battery will last the 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ecw23able View Post
    ...............................So yes we are 100% confident that the battery will last the 10 years.,,,,,,,,,,,
    I asked if the user could replace the battery and then emphasised this by clearly requesting "...........Please don't reply just to tell me about your 10 year warranty as I have read it and that is not what I am questioning ."

As you chose to ignore my specific question and also my specific request, it is very clear that I would be unwise to ever make any purchases from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    I asked if the user could replace the battery and then emphasised this by clearly requesting "...........Please don't reply just to tell me about your 10 year warranty as I have read it and that is not what I am questioning ."

As you chose to ignore my specific question and also my specific request, it is very clear that I would be unwise to ever make any purchases from you.
    Hi Kiwi Sapper,

With this unit like many of tne of the PLBs on the market the batteries are not user replacable. This is because during battery replacement manufactures with perform other tests to ensure the unit is still meeting it's type approval specs. A common mistake with sealed units is people can accidently not seat gaskets and seals properly without noticing leading to condensation inside and premature failure, People do make mistakes when servicing their own equipment and without all the right test equipment it can be hard to identify the mistake. The last thing any retailer, user or manufacturer wants to hear is that someone died or their beacon didn't work after they serviced the unit themselves. Having the batery replaced by an authorized agent means the unit will function correctly when you need it the most.

I apologize for missing the exact question you posted originally hopefully this helps answer the question and sheds some light on the reason why.

veitnamcam, gadgetman and Dyls like this.

Are you a paid advertiser on here? Why would i pay you $335 when i can get it from Aussie for $305? Shipped
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Are you a paid advertiser on here? Why would i pay you $335 when i can get it from Aussie for $305? Shipped
    Because these are NZ coded.

Unlike the cheaper ones which can be brought in from Aussie many are not NZ 512 coded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Are you a paid advertiser on here?
    No offence intended, but ditto this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    No offence intended, but ditto this.
    Not currently so I apologize if this has caused any offence..

I am in the process of trying to get in touch with a moderator regarding this.

Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by ecw23able View Post
    Because these are NZ coded.

Unlike the cheaper ones which can be brought in from Aussie many are not NZ 512 coded.

BOLLOCKS
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    BOLLOCKS
    How so?
    A330driver likes this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

The one I got from Aussie was NZ coded. I think it was from Chooee Bay or some such place. Came with a NZ registration form as well but you can do that online now I think. About the same price as mentioned.
    Edit to say... they are now $349 now from the same place ( skippers mate aka cooee bay trading) so OP has a pretty good price by the looks of it.
    Hopefully he can work out a deal with the Mods

I have had one of these brand PLB for just over 3 yrs now. Got one from Aussie via the distributor down south for $315.00. Who wants to quibble of a price difference of $10.00 or so? And online filled out rego for NZ. 10 year battery life quote, my one still looking good and same with a couple of mates who brought the same a few years ago. Re reading the fine print says 20 yr battery but warranty for 10 yrs. Better than my old ones with 5 yr battery life though was still ok when tested into its 7th year. Best to play safe with an PLB battery life.
    outlander likes this.