Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Old school replacement blade knife

Years ago , maybe 20yrs , my main knife was getting re-sharpened by a mate at the freezing works , and had no sharp blade , and needed one to gut a few goats with , so looking around I picked up a Tajima box cutter I had lying around , worked real GOOD , but it did rust quick , But it was cheap .
    I have just brought a expensive modern scarpel version , made by Gerber " China " , called the "Virtal " , its a folder , and takes Gerber blades or Havalon #60 blades , looks neat .
    Plus is its a available & cheapish , its light & the blade retaining mech is spring loaded & its able to replace the blades with OUT needing to use pliers like the Havalon , downside is the back locking is not as robust as the liner lock , BUT should not be that important , as you will not be using the blade top .

Just be aware if ordering blades for it , its the #60 ( these are the thin original scarpel blades ) , the #60A blades will not fit as these are 20% thicker , made for the Havalon " Torch " series & are thicker to better cope with dressing big beasties .

Got a link?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

No , but knifecenter in the USA has them for $35 USD which is 50NZD , but I got mine from Hunting & Fishing locally , But will maybe buy replacement blades from the USA .
    Opps , forgot , price in NZ was $60 , so its maybe cheaper at HF than overseas , depends on overseas postage ?