Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Police gear set up a bit od?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Naki
    Posts
    32

    Police gear set up a bit od?

    So that photo of the female officer thats been circulating around from the Christchurch shooting. I had a proper look and she is holding her rifle right handed but has her side arm and less lethal set up for a left hander....... yea

    Name:  thisone.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  408.1 KB

  2. #2
    Member Max Headroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,611
    Posed photo?

    "Could you please turn the rifle the other way, it looks better" ?

    Incidentally, does anybody who (did) 3 gun shoot rifle right hand, and pistol left?
    Micky Duck likes this.
    RIP Larry S. 19/02/19

  3. #3
    Member stug's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oxford, Canterbury
    Posts
    3,337
    There are some people, like my brother, who do one -handed things left handed, but two handed things right handed.
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

  4. #4
    Member Micky Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    2,985
    the Tazer is the giveaway....its set up for a cross draw with her dominant hand...or a calvery twist with the weaker hand

  5. #5
    Member Cordite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ Mainland
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby132 View Post
    So that photo of the female officer thats been circulating around from the Christchurch shooting. I had a proper look and she is holding her rifle right handed but has her side arm and less lethal set up for a left hander....... yea
    Name:  107940d1553663108-police-gear-set-up-bit-od-thisone.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  408.1 KB

    Maybe because of that spare mag mounted on the right side of the stock, likely more comfy carrying it that way. I just don't know.


    But look at her face. Looks like she is REALLY enjoying being humiliated, being forced to wear a head garb that marks her as a second class person.

    She woke up that morning an independent citizen with full rights including the right to vote, AND equal standing with men before the courts.

    Now she really enjoys having her female gender being made into a second-class joke, can't you just see that in her face? HUMILIATED.

    A fine example of how to treat women colleagues, making them look even a bit more subordinate than before.
    Last edited by Cordite; 27-03-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CNI
    Posts
    1,522
    Fair comment. Subjugation of women - sexual phobia , racism, religous perscution, or what ? However I assume tgey are not above any NZ laws in such matters at any time so perhaps the loose scarf is ok apart from its possible risk in a battle situation.

  7. #7
    Village Idjit Barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Westie
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    But look at her face. Looks like she is REALLY enjoying being humiliated, being forced to wear a head garb that marks her as a second class person.

    She woke up that morning an independent citizen with full rights including the right to vote, AND equal standing with men before the courts.

    Now she really enjoys having her female gender being made into a second-class joke, can't you just see that in her face? HUMILIATED.

    A fine example of how to treat women colleagues, making them look even a bit more subordinate than before.
    Or maybe she is sick of people taking pics of her, doing a particular job on a particular day she didn't want to do.
    upnorth uplander likes this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

  8. #8
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,200
    Ever tried shooting a semi left handed? Hot brass down your neck, on your cheek, powder blowback? Lots of fun.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Attachment 107941

    Maybe because of that spare mag mounted on the right side of the stock, likely more comfy carrying it that way. I just don't know.


    But look at her face. Looks like she is REALLY enjoying being humiliated, being forced to wear a head garb that marks her as a second class person.

    She woke up that morning an independent citizen with full rights including the right to vote, AND equal standing with men before the courts.

    Now she really enjoys having her female gender being made into a second-class joke, can't you just see that in her face? HUMILIATED.

    A fine example of how to treat women colleagues, making them look even a bit more subordinate than before.
    Orr alternatively, she chose to wear the head dress out of respect for those effected most by this tragedy. Likely those who she is at the time guarding. Its pretty unlikely she is being forced to do shit aside from standing guard for protracted periods of time

  10. #10
    Member sako75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Supercity
    Posts
    4,737
    Given the circumstance it would be hard to keep smiling for a long period of time
    The armed policeman I saw outside the Avondale mosque this afternoon looked like he was dreading the night shift roster

  11. #11
    Village Idjit Barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Westie
    Posts
    3,219
    I imagine the ones on Triangle Rd have been bored witless too.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

  12. #12
    Member HILLBILLYHUNTERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    116
    Shes ambidextrous mates ,

  13. #13
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    19,529
    Blonde hair Blue eyes obvious choice considering the shooters motivation/Ideals...deliberately posed...probably not even a cop....What is her badge number?
    Tussock likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    There are some people, like my brother, who do one -handed things left handed, but two handed things right handed.
    I do 2 handed things left and one handed right. Cricket left, squash right. But shooting handgun and rifle I do both right handed. Don't say it - I know... I was dropped as a baby.
    gadgetman likes this.

  15. #15
    Member Tussock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Oamaru
    Posts
    1,150
    I picked up the habit of carrying a shemagh in my field kit from a forum member. On the Sudan/Ethiopia border one of the Christian boys came over and told me it was not polite, as it indicated I was Muslim and non-Muslims wearing/carrying symbols of Islam was insulting.

    I wonder if she has heard of the Saudi suffragettes?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Police Firearms changes
    By Rich007 in forum Firearm Safety
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 20-03-2019, 10:47 PM
  2. Police at it again
    By veitnamcam in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 26-07-2018, 08:24 AM
  3. Police Report just came in.
    By Dundee in forum Firearm Safety
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 17-03-2014, 08:43 PM
  4. Gear clear out... So I can buy more gear...
    By The Claw in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-01-2014, 09:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!