Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 2 Post By Brakelie

Thread: Power banks

Power banks

What’s the best power banks with weight saving in mind? Had a few that don’t really work well and the other one is about 1kg
    Cheers

I had a Hyperjuice power bank for quite a while which was great but expensive and a bit heavy (okay though as I made my son carry it), now have several 20,000mAhr Mophie PBs that are good, cheaper and lighter than the Hyperjuice.

We only really charge a phone off ours but we have never managed to flatten one on a trip away.

Nitecore do one that holds 2 18650s, have cracked one a warehouse 1 and thsts all that was in it. Might as well use good batteries, can then use them in the maxtorch / headtorch or use usb output to charge phone
    oxfarmer likes this.

R93
    I run and Anker powercore 28000 and a goal zero 20w solar panel. Never run out of power for my toys in the bush even on long trips.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Anker and Zendure are excellent, they use high quality Panasonic lithium batteries and are easily the best power / weight ratio I've used.

Another vote for Anker.

I have their PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C.

I haven't used it in the sticks though, it is my power supply for my LabRadar.
    LabRadar is hungry using disposables but lasts for ever on the Anker.

I don't perceive it to be super light at 475 grams but don't have others to compare.
    Last edited by zimmer; 25-12-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Another vote for Anker.

I have their PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C.

I haven't used it in the sticks though, it is my power supply for my LabRadar.
    LabRadar is hungry using disposables but lasts for ever on the Anker.

I don't perceive it to be super light at 475 grams but don't have others to compare.
    10k anker will charge a smart phone from 20% around 3 times. Plenty for your average hunting trip

Cheers for the replies guys, looking like there’s a few votes for the anker here so I will investigate

My new Zendure Super Mini is 10,000mAh and 180 grams, I don't think you'll find anything that beats that. You pay more for less though. And remember that even the very best battery banks will get only about 80% total energy conversion rate. Less in cheaper units, often they'll claim up to 90% but this is misleading...

Quote Originally Posted by joelhenton View Post
    My new Zendure Super Mini is 10,000mAh and 180 grams, I don't think you'll find anything that beats that. You pay more for less though. And remember that even the very best battery banks will get only about 80% total energy conversion rate. Less in cheaper units, often they'll claim up to 90% but this is misleading...
    The one you mention there is about half the price of the anker ones I found around the similar mAh

Quote Originally Posted by High Country Boy View Post
    The one you mention there is about half the price of the anker ones I found around the similar mAh
    Just check because it'll be in US dollars, not NZD. And sometimes getting battery banks sent from the United States can be a headache as some companies won't touch lithium batteries...

Actually, yeah it looks like Amazon is doing them at $35 USD, the retail is double that. Only way you'll be able to get it sent to NZ is a third party I think, such as YouShop in Portland, who them resends the package to your door. I've had plenty of batteries sent through YouShop from Amazon but I did have a problem once where they refused (due to lithium battery). Probably depends on how the package is labeled as to whether they would even know what's inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Nitecore do one that holds 2 18650s, have cracked one a warehouse 1 and thsts all that was in it. Might as well use good batteries, can then use them in the maxtorch / headtorch or use usb output to charge phone
    I've got one of these, it's the F2 I think. Got it from @terryf on this forum. Really versatile with 18650's and if you want more juice just take some extra 18650s.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    223nut and terryf like this.

Purveyor of Fine Cutlery terryf's Avatar
    They also make the F4 now which takes 4 x 18650's as well as the LR50 which double as a charger/lantern light wit minimal added weight.
    Add a 14W solar charger and you can charge on the go.
    Regards
    Terry

https://www.knives4africa.co.nz/
    Custom knife dealer

Authorised Nitecore Torch Retailer
    NZ Distributor of Nano-Oil