Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MSL

Thread: A question of MSA Sordin

A question of MSA Sordin

Hi, I'm a newbie here. This is my first post on the forum. Hope I can get some comments from MSA Sordin users.

I'm a new shooter just have started target shooting recently. I decided to upgrade my cheap electric earmuffs to MSA Sordin after having done some research because it says MSA Sordin does not cut off sound but just compresses big noise down to 82 dB.

So I bought a pair of MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X with gel cups from a Finland online shop for about EUR177. I took it to a range today to try it out. The sound quality and noise reduction were really good. However, I felt sound was completely cut off at the moments guns went off just like my cheap earmuffs. I did a test after getting back home. I put earmuffs on and sit about 3 metres away from my phone playing music with maximum volume. When I claped hands continuously I could not hear the music. Both MSA Sordin and the cheap one were the same. I found some articles said when putting on MSA Sordin normal talking wouldn't be affected if someone's shooting at the background. Obviously it's not true on my one.

Just wondering is this normal for MSA Sordin? Or something is wrong with my one? If you've got a pair of MSA Sordin can you tell me your experiences or do the same test and tell me the result please? Many thanks.

MSL
    I have two pairs, they work just like any other but with slightly better sound quality. The gel cups also create an excellent seal. No earmuffs are going to block out harmful shot sound while simultaneously amplifying conversation.
    R93 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    I have two pairs, they work just like any other but with slightly better sound quality. The gel cups also create an excellent seal. No earmuffs are going to block out harmful shot sound while simultaneously amplifying conversation.
    Thanks MSL. Maybe I was misled by the words from MSA official website. It says "The Supreme level dependent ear muffs protect from hazardous noise while allowing users to hear surrounding sounds. By wearing Supreme ear muffs you can communicate face-to-face as well as hearing commands and instructions without removing the hearing protector, even when others are shooting."

MSL
    Not really misled, just misinterpreted

LOC
    Mine do what yours do, didn’t expect anything else
    Shit they are comfortable. And the battery is already lasting about 2,000% longer than my Peltors did with no sign of it looking like running out of battery