Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Range finder

Range finder

Saving my money for a range finder but do not really want to spend more the $500, and advice on any? and what to stay away from.

Thanks

pops

How far do you want to shoot,realisticly? If shooting gongs someone else will have a micdaddy one and give you ranges.
    0-300 dont need one(IMHO)

Most anything rated 1000-1200y should give reliable ranges to 650y in most conditions
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Re: Range finder

Wait for a bushnell elite 1500 to come up on trade me i got one for 400. Bloody good for the price ranges to 1200 reliably

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Fulla
    i got a gun city brand one off trade me, it said a max of 800 i think, but iv had it to 1000 yards. it was a $1 auction, i paid $200. while its not my first choice, it was cheap and works fine.

I got a bushnell legend 1200. Does the trick, ranges 1150 yards . Always performed well

I'm keeping my eye on this thread, I'm thinking a new rangefinder is my next purchase but since I stick to small game I won't need anything too extreme,
    I have been looking at the Leica CRF1000 it's showing $799 at reloaders, hope that helps pops
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

I was in the market for one, with a much tigher budget than you

I didn't want to spend much so bought a Nikko Stirling one (yes, I know... but it does the trick) that is good out to 600m. However it can go further. I think highly reflective thigns it said 900m on the box, and dull things 400? I know I can ping the neighbours house at 557 yards even after the sun is down $250 I think it cost me.

There's a huntsman model that's good to 1200m apparently that was like, $350?

I was just after a budget one. I can say for the money, the Nikko is doing its job very well and I've had it a year (and use it about once a week).

Thanks guys. Will have to keep looking round for one as i am not in a hurry for one.

Blowing the dust off this post, now did anyone get themselves one ?
    Being winter I'm prepping for spring I'm not going to be shooting over 400-500 meters be nice to hit something at 200

I'm now looking at Redfield Radier 600 ( reloaders price book has the, at $369 doesn't say if its metric or not ) otherwise optics planet has them going for $189ish in metric
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...