Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: In reach garmin monthly costs.

In reach garmin monthly costs.

RATES

Above is a reference for the cost of garmin inreachs rates. they seem really expensive. looking at getting a plb and gps just looking at these as an alternative. i know its cheap to save you but the plb have no ongoing cost, except there expiry. would appreciate any feedback.

Question

Mine is on the $45/month plan which is plenty and you can put it on hold and only pay $6/month is you're not using it. $500 a year (if you use it every month) to keep the wife happy, weather reports, ability to comunicate with chopper pilots etc and added bonus of plb feature, which I must add offers you the opportunity to actually communicate with the international rescue coordination centre so you actually know how your rescue is progressing, chump change
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Have plb and inreach. Upgraded to inreach in order to let partner know i'll be another day or organise people coming into a hunting block. Plb ends up living in the truck (lots of roads with no cellphone reception) and inreach in my pack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Mine is on the $45/month plan which is plenty and you can put it on hold and only pay $6/month is you're not using it. $500 a year (if you use it every month) to keep the wife happy, weather reports, ability to comunicate with chopper pilots etc and added bonus of plb feature, which I must add offers you the opportunity to actually communicate with the international rescue coordination centre so you actually know how your rescue is progressing, chump change
    The 6 dollars on hold thing wouldnt really come into play if you were going out all the time a. i was under the impression it was a minimum of 62 bucks a month. The idea of having one do all suits me though. the 27 cal is for people that havnt seen the light of the 284 in my opinion sorry Ryan.
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Have plb and inreach. Upgraded to inreach in order to let partner know i'll be another day or organise people coming into a hunting block. Plb ends up living in the truck (lots of roads with no cellphone reception) and inreach in my pack
    Being able to let people know half way through a hunt you are going to be another day would be great. definatly have wanted to extend hunts and havnt been able to before.

Do it bro will be handy for my south island trips

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Shootm, Blaser, Dorkus and 1 others like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Not really that expensive for a satellite based system believe me. One our our clients ended up with a $26,000 USD bill for data downloaded over a satphone when their IT never switched off the Windows 10 Automatic Updates and the satphone data connection was always on (once over their free 200Mb data allowance, cost was $26 US per MB )

Inreach unit for what they cost and the plan types you get are pretty fair value as far as I can tell. having used one a bit they are better than a spot to
    veitnamcam and Tim Dicko like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Haha, a millennial bloke that couldn’t not be connected racked up $13,000 data on job I was on once.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Not really that expensive for a satellite based system believe me. One our our clients ended up with a $26,000 USD bill for data downloaded over a satphone when their IT never switched off the Windows 10 Automatic Updates and the satphone data connection was always on (once over their free 200Mb data allowance, cost was $26 US per MB )

Inreach unit for what they cost and the plan types you get are pretty fair value as far as I can tell. having used one a bit they are better than a spot to
    veitnamcam, mikee and Pengy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Haha, a millennial bloke that couldn’t not be connected racked up $13,000 data on job I was on once.
    Love it, You should see the great finger pointing exercise which occurs when it happens, funny as hell. All sort of office wallas all simulteanously covering their butts trying to prove its nothing to do with them or their fault. Especially when we are told just to install it and clients IT will configure it cause what would we lowly technician tradies know...........................well we know how to avoid massive bills eh !!!
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

The icing on the cake was that this chap was cocky as fuck, surprisingly he got let go pretty soon after that.

Did I not read or hear somewhere that in the next few years they will be launching or planning to launch dozens of small satellites to give virtually total cell coverage around the world? If so gps's etc will be almost redundant as a smart phone will do everything. They're not far off that now just lacking the coverage. Thought about an in reach but will hold off for a bit longer and see if the satellite thing goes a head. Basically it will replace cell towers etc

Does the "sender" pay when I reply to a txt ??

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Does the "sender" pay when I reply to a txt ??
    Yes, when someone replys to your message, their reply is counted as one of your messages
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

How is their forecasting?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Yes, when someone replys to your message, their reply is counted as one of your messages
    Thanks for that - thought it might be the case
    Been talking to Canuk walkabout :-)