Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Reccomend a muzzle break for me...

Reccomend a muzzle break for me...

Hi all... I have a 284 Winchester on a 25.5 inch medium/sportier type barrel. There are a lot of muzzle break brands/types/options in New Zealand. Where to start?! The goal obviously is to cut recoil to observe splash on the target. Any suggestions?

Terminator T2 made by Kiwi Greg. Best there is.

Yeah mate, just get a terminator

Terminator.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    I run a Terminator, great brake.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Caretaker
    Terminator T2

Best recoil reduction on the planet.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I have Dean Maisey Quatromax for my rem mag and it’s sweet. Heard nothing but good about the T2 aswell.

Yea mate t2 terminator is the way to go. Have one on my 300 win mag and the break makes it really nice to shoot

Don't get a side exhaust brake - they have to be timed to the barrel/action which costs more money and means that it is more awkward retiming the brake after you have taken it off the muzzle when you want to do some maintenance on the rifle. Get a radial brake - cheaper to install and none of the timing problems associated with side exhaust brakes. The internal design of the brake is important for accuracy potential but you will have to check that out on the internet. I use both types, radial and side exhaust and prefer the radial for the reasons above - and there are no problems with dust clouds caused by the radial brake exhausting at the bottom - that is an internet reality created problem unless you are lying on the floor of a dust desert in Iraq. Be aware of how small the muzzle will be turned down for threading - the closer to the original diameter the threaded barrel is the better because the internal diameter of the bore may bell out (very bad for accuracy) if the muzzle is turned down too much for threading. Different kinds of manufacturing processes (hammer forging, button or cut rifling) of barrels have different levels of vulnerability to this effect. Do get a brake because they make a big difference to recoil but if you fire the rifle without hearing protection you will regret it for the rest of your life due to the probable hearing damage you will suffer. You may get a bit of flack from you mates as well if you don't warn them before you take the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    Don't get a side exhaust brake - they have to be timed to the barrel/action which costs more money and means that it is more awkward retiming the brake after you have taken it off the muzzle when you want to do some maintenance on the rifle. Get a radial brake - cheaper to install and none of the timing problems associated with side exhaust brakes. The internal design of the brake is important for accuracy potential but you will have to check that out on the internet. I use both types, radial and side exhaust and prefer the radial for the reasons above - and there are no problems with dust clouds caused by the radial brake exhausting at the bottom - that is an internet reality created problem unless you are lying on the floor of a dust desert in Iraq. Be aware of how small the muzzle will be turned down for threading - the closer to the original diameter the threaded barrel is the better because the internal diameter of the bore may bell out (very bad for accuracy) if the muzzle is turned down too much for threading. Different kinds of manufacturing processes (hammer forging, button or cut rifling) of barrels have different levels of vulnerability to this effect. Do get a brake because they make a big difference to recoil but if you fire the rifle without hearing protection you will regret it for the rest of your life due to the probable hearing damage you will suffer. You may get a bit of flack from you mates as well if you don't warn them before you take the shot.
    Thank you. PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    Disagree, radial brakes are shit. Get a directional and get it timed

T2 or have you considered a supressor

Radial brakes cover you in dust and all sorts of rubbish they blow up off the ground. Side exhaust brakes don't do this. I had no issues with cleaning my rifle with a Terminator brake. I had no reason to take it off. Not sure what rupert ment about taking it off for maintenance.
    gadgetman likes this.

ebf
    Terminator T2
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

T2
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out