Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By S.E.G
  • 1 Post By Hunty1

Thread: Recommendations for 3V battery CR123A

Recommendations for 3V battery CR123A

Looking for some recommendation for these batteries i.e. Energizer/Panasonic/Duracell etc. I note the price difference is fairly significant between Photogear, Jaycar, The Battery Cell etc. Therefore I was wondering if someone can enlighten me with their experiences. I need something that is durable and don't want to buy something that will burn out in a few months on standby. Thanks.

Tactical Solutions as there CR123a on sale. https://store.tactical.co.nz/search....h_query=Cr123a

Most lithium batteries have a 5 to 10 year life from date of manufacture. Most quality touches should not draw any current in standby or sitting on a shelf.
    Tertle likes this.

I used to use loads of these to run environmetal sensors on remote deployments. Never had any issues with Duracell or Energizer batteries. They were checked every 3 months and changed every 6mths. They always still had at least 50% capacity left at that time. The other bands I tried were never quite as good (some had to be changed at 3mths as they wouldn't have lasted another 3mths). If its important end use it suck it up for the extra cost and go for Energizer/Duracell. I used to get them from batterymaster in chch.
    Kiwi-Hunter likes this.

Yep use the Mr Positive ones here for everything always work

Thanks all. I was sufficiently curious as to why certain stores were selling their batteries at $12 ea and some at $9 ea and some on Trademe for $4 ea where sometimes its quite the same maker and type. Wil do some more digging and get some for my needs.