Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Roof racks for ranger

Any advice on best racks for a 2017 ranger?only be loading Canadian canoe most of the time,so only need one forward on front of the cab and another at the rear on canopy,being quiet on open road is priority.thanks

Does it have rails on the cabin? My 2012 Ranger I have a set of whisper bars but on the cabin only and I don't have rails so mine are the clamp to the door roof post, you can get very similar at supercheap

Picking it up on Friday,didn’t notice the setup to be honest..

my (somewhat jaded) memory is telling me i did a few rangers a few years ago , the crossbar setup supplied by ford for fitting to new rangers at the time were of the type that required riveting brackets into the roof moulding channel and cutting the roof moulding to fit around them. not ideal as you are inviting rust and waterleak issues..... but thats what ford wanted.
    we did a hilux the other day using a universal set from repco that clamped under the cant rails (in the door openings) ....a much better design for light duty (think they were rated to 75kg) racks

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    my (somewhat jaded) memory is telling me i did a few rangers a few years ago , the crossbar setup supplied by ford for fitting to new rangers at the time were of the type that required riveting brackets into the roof moulding channel and cutting the roof moulding to fit around them. not ideal as you are inviting rust and waterleak issues..... but thats what ford wanted.
    we did a hilux the other day using a universal set from repco that clamped under the cant rails (in the door openings) ....a much better design for light duty (think they were rated to 75kg) racks
    This how they are on my older Ranger clamped on, no riveting or cutting anything

Sounds like what I’m after for the cab but need one on the rear of the canopy ,canoe is looong..

you could always get a cycle rack and extend it upwards so supported off tow ball......

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Sounds like what I’m after for the cab but need one on the rear of the canopy ,canoe is looong..
    have done these too you need to have one that does mount via a bracket bolted thru the fibreglass ...... make sure you use stainless bolts and have a stainless steel plate on the inside to spread the load also seal with urethane adhesive sealant (not silicon based) otherwise you will get fatigue cracks and and water leaks the most time consuming part is getting the level right thru 3 racks you need a long straight edge

rhinorack and prorack do adaptor kits for canopies reasonably priced its their racks that are expensive
    Last edited by scotty; 20-05-2022 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    you could always get a cycle rack and extend it upwards so supported off tow ball......
    Usually towing the duck boat as well with canoe on the roof.