Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Samsung X Cover 4

So works getting all anal about personnel use of work phones and loading in some fancy security software that blocks everything useful so need to get my own phone.

I don't use a phone much outside of work so don't need anything fancy but would like something that can take a few knocks, is waterproof and has a good battery.

Anybody using the Samsung X Cover? How do you rate it? Should I spend a bit more on tough phone like a Blackview?
    Last edited by Bobba; 07-11-2019 at 10:14 AM.

I've got one. Seems to last well, meant to be waterproof and I have dropped it (argh) and it has done ok. Screen still fine
    I got it as it was the closest to my old S4. The rest were either too dear or just not what I was after.
    Always meant to get one of these, just haven't got there yet. Then I would be happy with it
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MPP...-Armor-Case-Gu

I have one. It's the only phone that's lasted me longer than a couple of months (farming) I have had iPhones and Galaxys and all manner of fancy phones in life proof cases etc and managed to kill every one of them pretty quickly. In fact I got a new galaxy and its buggered despite having a case on it so I dug the old x cover out of the drawer and I'm using it again right now, it doesn't even have a cover on it, has been dropped heaps including off vehicle roofs, run over by 600 cows and trampled into the mud, the screen finally broke and since then it's been exposed to plenty of water but still goes fine.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

We use them at work. I can attest to them being waterproof, mine has spent over 30 min in 40 cm of water more than once. I rinse the mud off it semi regularly as I end up answering it with muddy hands. One workmate didn't have a cover and the screen cracked quite severely when dropped. Mine has a simple rubberized case and has survived repeated drops. Reasonable battery life. Reasonable phone for the price.

Delighted with mine. Wife annoyed that it's better than her Galaxy for half the price.Name:  561905_424559947604686_2019002102_n.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  58.2 KB

I have one for work, not as robust/waterproof as my CATs60 but goes alright, most annoying thing is the back button is on opposite sides on each of them.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I'have one it's ok but could do with with more battery.

I have the older x 3 still going strong, gets dropped, gets wet. sits in a dusty environment, still goes well. I would go to the newer model when it dies. Run it for about 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    So works getting all anal about personnel use of work phones and loading in some fancy security software that blocks everything useful so need to get my own phone.

I don't use a phone much outside of work so don't need anything fancy but would like something that can take a few knocks, is waterproof and has a good battery.

Anybody using the Samsung X Cover? How do you rate it? Should I spend a bit more on tough phone like a Blackview?
    I run my own phone so I don’t get questioned about private use, but if I was you I’d turn it of at the end of your shift and only turn it on again the next day.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

I had one, it was good took alot of shit,, came out my pocket on the boat and the seat came down on it in the end.
    Never had a phone last that long, been through 3 since all work phones haha.
    Samsung A50 was the lastest victim made of cheese those things