Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Scarpa SL Active boots

These boots are the ones with a rand running nearly all the way around except on the heal area. Though generally happy with the boot (a bit on the heavy side), i have noticed serious heal wear from the inside that has now revealed the leather! Both boots showing the same wear. Now i am not exactly tall nor heavy weight for the guys that know me......and don't have 'deformed' feet ..... but i have never worn through the inner material to the leather in any previous boot over many years. The boots are about 1.5 years old and worn monthly on hunting trips with the normal boot conditioner applied etc.
    Anyone else had this problem arise? Speak now or forever hold your tongue...

Too big?
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

If you’re going to take them back to scarpa I wouldn’t hold your breath. Took my grand drus back, they had literally split in half. They were under a year old which was within the warranty and had proof of date of purchase. I also only wore them hunting, not on the farm and was told they were too well used and warranty wasn’t applicable. Made no sense to me.

wow - though i have had a positive reply and am waiting for the next step - at this time, appears i may not be the only one with this particular fault. And i can confirm the boots are the correct size for me. Interesting feed back though. Thanks guys.

I have these boots but no problems like that. Think I got them from Macpac on sale.

Yeah, brought mine from Macpac Outlet shop opposite Tower Junction for $419.00. Just luck of the draw i guess.