Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 15 Post By akaroa1
  • 1 Post By Shooter
  • 4 Post By akaroa1

Thread: Shout out for GME Australia

Shout out for GME Australia

Having carried GME PLBs for many years ( old 121.5 and now 406G signal type ) and after my accident in Southwestland 26th March this year.
    GME kindly replaced the MT410G that had been activated with a brand new one. Very nice of them at the time as looking forward to getting back out and about was key to getting well again.

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...plb-use-19855/

GME ( through the NZ distributors ) recently got back in touch to follow up some recent survivors and get their stories and see how they were getting on post accident.
    Nice to get that ongoing contact from them ... I guess ever business likes a good news story.
    Then one of the senior Australian GME guys rang from Sydney for a long chat about how I was and how I had found the whole GME PLB / rescue/ recovery experience.
    We covered a lot of subjects and I asked about some technical details regarding GME UHF radios. As I was intending upgrading my existing "cheap and nasty no name" for a new waterproof higher power set soon for spring trips with mates where I might end up staying in the valley and help direct them onto animals etc.
    The day after that conversation I got an emails from the NZ distributors wanting my delivery address as GME Australia had asked them to send me a FREE TX 6150 twin pack of their top of the line 5 watt 2 way radio sets.

Name:  P1030565.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  1.01 MB

Strangely ironic... but they arrived exactly 5 months to the day since the accident !
    Im out hunting again and have had one winter deer. Seen a few also but pretty hard time to get onto them. Its all helping to get the fitness up and spring is just around the corner now.
    Im still a few months off returning to full work.
    Still haven't been on that wallaby hunt.

So a big thanks to GME for the PLB and UHF radios.

And to all you guys who don't carry a PLB ... have a good look at where I ended up in those images and think about what the outcome would have been without a PLB.
    Stop buying more man toys until you have a PLB ... then keep buying more man toys and don't forget to get out there and use those man toys lots and lots.
    And to those who think it would never happen to them, believe me it can and you will find that you are "helpless and hopeless" without a PLB and a good mate to be with you while you wait for the emergency services to arrive.
    DAF, K95, gadgetman and 12 others like this.

Good on GME for ensuring a quality product and reputation through this display of good will. Yes it will have promotion/news story attached to it, but the company didn't have too, so I say well done GME!
    mikee likes this.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

One very important thing I forgot to mention.
    The GME contact advised me that about 25% of all current PLBs in NZ are not registered.
    Its really very helpful during an activation that the PLB is registered and that the emergency services can ring the contacts first to check if its a false alarm and also how well provisioned and prepared / experienced you are, where you intended to be and the duration of your trip.
    So if your PLB is unregistered go to this website and get it done !! Its free.
    Home
    gadgetman, Munsey, mikee and 1 others like this.

Good information mateShe's sounding like a feel-good story mate. Glad your up and running again and indeed there are some decent pricks around alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

Big to GME, great to see them follow up as well, exceptionally decent of them to kit you out as they have...

You make a very good point to David on having your PLB registered, it's a must...

Keep up the recovery mate...