Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sleeping mats

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsyboy View Post
    Hey guys, I've had the Exped DownMat 7 for a while and loved it until the seams in the baffles failed last weekend resulting in a very large bulge in the middle of the mat when inflated. Basically unusable when inflated now. I recall your supposed to use your hands to inflate them but it took an age so recently I started inflating by mouth which worked much more quickly, I guess the condensation from my breath has over a short period of time destroyed the seams... big boooo for me but something for others to be cautious of!
    5 year warranty. Ask for a warranty repair? Id exclude the mouth inflation part though.
    Will buy one today

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    5 year warranty.
    Will buy one today
    What about biting? Is that covered?

I got one of those big yellow therm a rest things.
    Packs down to nothing. Only criticism is it is a tad narrow. Had it longer than 5 years and I blow it up as I knew no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Yeah the 7 is looking like a winner. They also do the UL version. Super light just worried it may be a bit fragile.
    I looked at the UL version but decided it was too fragile. Also because the UL doesn't have the inbuilt pump you really need a separate pump bag. Once you get the knack it only takes a minute or so to pump up with the inbuilt pump.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I have the Exped Syn Mat 9 in a XL. I'm 6'3 and have been up to 118 kg and this thing is magic!
    Best purchase I've made in terms of getting a good nights sleep. You can buy less bulky units but for the sake of carrying an extra bit of weight and bulk I would rather sleep like a log!
    Its the type of thing that if I lost it I would buy another one tomorrow!
    308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    What about biting? Is that covered?

I got one of those big yellow therm a rest things.
    Packs down to nothing. Only criticism is it is a tad narrow. Had it longer than 5 years and I blow it up as I knew no different.

Yours must be a Thermarest without down in it. It would not be troubled by a bit of spit with a synthetic fill (or none at all). It must work pretty well though as
    1. It was cold and I heard no complaints
    2. The chainsaw needed more choke as it did not start, all night, any night.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I have an Exped UL Downmat 7. Awesome bit of kit. Warm and very comfortable. Comes with separate UL drybag that is used to pump it up (which is very quick, my brother has the non UL version with the inbuilt pump which isn't near as fast). Packs down tiny and is light as. I got mine from Moontrail.com. I thought about a neoair, but heard that they aren't that great if you sleep on your side as the horizontal baffle setup doesn't stop ypu rolling compared to the vertical setup of the exped.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I have an Exped UL Downmat 7. Awesome bit of kit. Warm and very comfortable. Comes with separate UL drybag that is used to pump it up (which is very quick, my brother has the non UL version with the inbuilt pump which isn't near as fast). Packs down tiny and is light as. I got mine from Moontrail.com. I thought about a neoair, but heard that they aren't that great if you sleep on your side as the horizontal baffle setup doesn't stop ypu rolling compared to the vertical setup of the exped.
    Now you pipe up! I was thinking the UL would be OK but no one could tell me if it was any good. Considering the manufacturer warranty is 2 as opposed to 5 years suggested it maybe a bit fragile. Id always be in a bivvy bag or a tent so thought I should getaway with it. Could sent it back I suppose? Had to buy a pillow too!
    The dry bag is the schnozzle aye?

Now you pipe up! I was thinking the UL would be OK but no one could tell me if it was any good. Considering the manufacturer warranty is 2 as opposed to 5 years suggested it maybe a bit fragile. Id always be in a bivvy bag or a tent so thought I should getaway with it. Could sent it back I suppose? Had to buy a pillow too!
    The dry bag is the schnozzle aye?
    Haha, only saw the thread sorry... I'm the same, will always be in tent, & have a footprint for both my tents so should be good. Yeah, schnozzle is the one, comes with the UL.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

R93
    Yours must be a Thermarest without down in it. It would not be troubled by a bit of spit with a synthetic fill (or none at all). It must work pretty well though as
    1. It was cold and I heard no complaints
    2. The chainsaw needed more choke as it did not start, all night, any night.
    Wasn't me!! It was Al. He's shocking.

I have an Exped Downmat and I hate it! It's giant and heavy and a pain in the arse. Intend to replace it with a thin thermarest.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I have an Exped Downmat and I hate it! It's giant and heavy and a pain in the arse. Intend to replace it with a thin thermarest.
    Not the UL I take it? They (well the one I have) are about 550g and about the size of a 1l pump bottle when packed.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Swap you then. I have the latter and it is thin and boney as is a real pain in my ass (and back, and neck).

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    Not the UL I take it? They (well the one I have) are about 550g and about the size of a 1l pump bottle when packed.

Almost sent mine back for the UL but then I looked at my dog

R93
    Swap you then. I have the latter and it is thin and boney as is a real pain in my ass
    That wasn't the matts fault, sweet cheeks!

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    That wasn't the matts fault, sweet cheeks!

I rekon I could fend you off better with the thicker mat