Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Sndway rangefinder

Sndway rangefinder

Was looking at these only a couple of days ago.
    Missus asked me what I want for xmas yesterday and I thought that would do nicely.
    What's everyone's thoughts on the Ali Express route?
    Likely to make it by xmas or generally weeks more than usual?
    Kiwi based ones range from 50 to 60 bucks dearer right up to 450 dollars. Crazy

MB
    Usual AliExpress rules. Go for the vendor with the highest rating and pay a few dollars more for shipping. AliExpress Standard Shipping is pretty reliable. I doubt you'll see it by Christmas, not least because of delays once it arrives in NZ.
    csmiffy likes this.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    As for Bang-for-Bucks I don't think you can go wrong. I landed mine here for I think about $78 probably close to 2 years ago now. It just keeps going and does it well.

Cheers
    Phil
    Yeah, bought one to setup rimfire targets, then used it for hunting, thinking I would replace with a "proper" one at some point. Never got around to it and no need for the kind of hunting I do.
    Preacher and Phil_H like this.

H.M
    Had mine for a couple years now. Works well i have ranged out past 600 with it, but no good even if its slightly foggy or low cloud, wont get a reading seems to bounce of the fog/cloud, unsure if this is the case with all rangefinders?? But value for money ya cant go wrong. Battery last ages have only charged mine once in 2 years. But i would doubt it will make it here by xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Was looking at these only a couple of days ago.
    Missus asked me what I want for xmas yesterday and I thought that would do nicely.
    What's everyone's thoughts on the Ali Express route?
    Likely to make it by xmas or generally weeks more than usual?
    Kiwi based ones range from 50 to 60 bucks dearer right up to 450 dollars. Crazy
    I ordered one of the 1500m ones end of last month. Hasn't arrived yet. Their tracking says it has arrived in destination country, NZ post says it has left china so who knows where it is. I did a bit or research before buying it, all reviews were positive. Have heard Ali stuff can take 3-8weeks.

I have 1 that i would sell, nothing wrong with it works as it should. Had little use, is accurate measured it against a couple of 'better quality' units with the same readings $60 shipped? Cant remember what i payed or what they are worth to buy now

Quote Originally Posted by keric View Post
    I have 1 that i would sell, nothing wrong with it works as it should. Had little use, is accurate measured it against a couple of 'better quality' units with the same readings $60 shipped? Cant remember what i payed or what they are worth to buy now
    If csmiffy doesnt want to purchase it, then I would be very keen.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames View Post
    I ordered one .. Their tracking says it has arrived in destination country, NZ post says it has left china so who knows where it is...
    It'll be sitting most probably in Customs- slack as a lot of the time. Some Ali outfits use bulk freighting where the goods are repackaged and sent once in Akl.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    It'll be sitting most probably in Customs- slack as a lot of the time. Some Ali outfits use bulk freighting where the goods are repackaged and sent once in Akl.
    I've noticed both those things this year.

Mines not been used much but has worked well so far.
    Things I've brought this year from AliExpress have taken either 2-3 weeks, or 3 months. Pre covid delivery was consistent 2-3weeks. Most the current delay on the 3 month items seems to be Singapore or NZ part of the journey.

They do seem a reasonable price. I've been looking at them for a while due to the recommendations on here. I've been looking at the 600 model as I'm no long range shooter. Be really handy when sighting in too, rather than relying on paces!

Gone but not forgotten
    I bought one in NZ a few years ago, I think it cost me $175. I tested it out on the TECT range and it was accurate at all the distances there (25-300m).

I thought at longer range aiming at something reflective like the side of a building would be the best, but actually found aiming at a tree worked better. I think maybe the buildings flat surfaces caused the beam to be reflected off at an angle, whereas on a tree there are always at least some leaves reflecting the beam straight back at you. Mine is the 900m version, it's definitely harder getting readings out towards that distance.
    bumblefoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keric View Post
    Yes please
    Pmd you

Anyone know forum member keric?
    Messaged him a couple of times and it looked like he maybe even been on here between them?
    Obviously doesnt help if he isnt on the forum

Sorry have replied