Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Someone to fix my Boot?

Someone to fix my Boot?

I have a pair of LaSportiva Karakorum's and in the weekend just been I sat with my feet a bit close to our campfire, I didn't notice untill all of a sudden my foot was burning hot! I have noticed it has caused the glue to come away around part of the rand near the toe, and also near the heel on the same side. Can anyone recommend someone to pull back the rand and reglue it or whatever shoe fixit people do? It's only come away a tiny bit in each spot but I can imagine it becoming the beginning of a total failure. I'm in north Canterbury so someone local would be good but can send them away if need be.

Do what most would do and just glue it back yourself. Can't be that hard. Go to hardware store, select some sort of glue that sounds like itll work and wala.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Do what most would do and just glue it back yourself. Can't be that hard. Go to hardware store, select some sort of glue that sounds like itll work and wala.
    I was afraid someone would say that. I would give it a go if I could be assured I wasn't going to start the rand breaking down or end up making it come away worse by using something I shouldn't have. Boots aren't very old and I'm not keen on wrecking them just yet.

I got recommended some stuff on here. Solex? I'll try find the thread. Its the buizo, ordered it from online though but its good.

Free sole I got it from fishpond online

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...t-repair-9872/

northdude
    or contact adhesive make sure you use it properly and it will work a lot of people put it on and hold the 2 pieces together while its wet but it doesnt work like that

This guy will give you some good advice. Does my repairs and is the best boot repairer I've come across. He's in Tauranga.

shane@shanes.co.nz

In the Mt Tahr? Shane Barr? If so went to school with him. He does heaps of stuff for me from repairing packs to game fishing harnesses

Try Bennetts Shoe Repairs top end of Papanui Road. Really good and know what they're doing, old school. You might even meet @kotukus lad.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    In the Mt Tahr? Shane Barr? If so went to school with him. He does heaps of stuff for me from repairing packs to game fishing harnesses
    Yes, that's him. He does a great job.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Try Bennetts Shoe Repairs top end of Papanui Road. Really good and know what they're doing, old school. You might even meet @kotukus lad.
    no my son is now in the oriental mall part of the church corner shopping centre where theres a smallish boot/bag /leather repair business he works at.
    he should be home soon so Ill get him to give us an opinion on best options then.
    gadgetman likes this.

if you can get hold of Alan Perrit (used to be in Ashburton) he would be "the man" to talk too
    Mathias likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    To fix the stitching on the rear they would probably have to sew right through the inner lining as well.
    If you want to send to Alan Perritt, hes a mate of mine & I could drop off / pick up if you want to send the boots to me. Alan does most of the Miendl repairs for Stager Sport.
    Munsey likes this.

Karakorums do that. Regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Karakorums do that. Regularly.
    I'm pretty sure any boot would if you apply a ton of heat to a glued area, but thanks for the constructive comment