Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cooee Arsenal


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By Kiwi Sapper
  • 1 Post By PerazziSC3

Thread: Spotting scope tripods

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    3,703

    Spotting scope tripods

    What are people using?

    I'm after something pretty lightweight for a 20-60 65mm Swarovski.

    Im looking closely at this #Aliexpress NZ$ 180.91 21%OFF | INNOREL RT55C carbon fiber camera tripod 12kg bear video travel portable DSLR tripod 5 Sections with ball head for CANON NIKON
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVkSv4k

    Would like to hear what others are using

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    811
    Oh good,

    I need one also for same kite, may be looking for Ibex next year !

  3. #3
    Full of shit Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    8,192
    I have one of these, ran same spotting scope as you on it and also run my binos and camera on it. Great quality and NZ backup service.

    https://nzcamera.co.nz/slik-sprint-m...ng-tripod.html
    Cliff likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, Ö, 9.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,253
    That is a beast of a tripod - the legs looks great. Consider that it can support 12kg at full height, with the thinnest leg sections extended. It may be good if you need to hang a weight from the centre column to keep it stable in the wind. If I was using it to track a spotting scope, I'd use a bigger ball head... Maybe 44mm, to give more precise control, or get a pan tilt or video head. Compared to locally available stuff, it's a bargain at that price.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I have one of these, ran same spotting scope as you on it and also run my binos and camera on it. Great quality and NZ backup service.

    https://nzcamera.co.nz/slik-sprint-m...ng-tripod.html
    A good option as well.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wanganui without an "h"
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    What are people using? ..............Im looking closely at this #Aliexpress...........................
    Think carefully before buying from Aliexpress at this time..

    Since Covid=19,I have found the delivery and responses from their sellers quite unacceptable. Examples being , no deliveries, 3 emails to a seller querying the constant "No tracking information available'"since 26 Maynot even opened by the seller and offers to refund following missing deliveries not followed up.

    I hope that theses are all issues associated with the limited freight delivery options to NZ whilst Covid is lurking around, BUT I will not use Aliexpress again until I see that services are,if not back to normal, improved at least and reliable.
    ANOTHERHUNTER likes this.
    .

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    That is a beast of a tripod - the legs looks great. Consider that it can support 12kg at full height, with the thinnest leg sections extended. It may be good if you need to hang a weight from the centre column to keep it stable in the wind. If I was using it to track a spotting scope, I'd use a bigger ball head... Maybe 44mm, to give more precise control, or get a pan tilt or video head. Compared to locally available stuff, it's a bargain at that price.
    Yes I was probably going to get a pan tilt head anyway as have never had much luck with the ball type, but the all type is lighter. Do you think I could go down a size on the legs maybe, if the legs are 600gram say, I could get a good quality pan head which are about 500 gram and still be around the 1kg mark. Weight is a big deal for me
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    3,703
    Needed up getting this. Basically just compared specs to the highly rates expensive ones. It's a medium size at 1390mm max height but only 580 ish grams with the poxy ball head.

    #Aliexpress NZ$ 115.62 21%OFF | AOKA CMP163CL 578g max loading 2.5kgs professional fashional outdoor travel lightweight mini carbon fiber tripod for camera
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVmnAsC

  9. #9
    Jit
    Jit is offline
    Member Jit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    793
    I use a manfrotto befree Carbon. Quite nice. Iíve even removed the lower legs on occasion and made up a rubber foot to drop the weigh further if I donít need the height.

    I use a Swaro 65.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Needed up getting this. Basically just compared specs to the highly rates expensive ones. It's a medium size at 1390mm max height but only 580 ish grams with the poxy ball head.

    #Aliexpress NZ$ 115.62 21%OFF | AOKA CMP163CL 578g max loading 2.5kgs professional fashional outdoor travel lightweight mini carbon fiber tripod for camera
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVmnAsC
    Sorry I didn't reply to the question you asked but yes, the lighter combo you selected is much more practical. If the ball head isn't to your liking, it will be easy enough to replace with a pan tilt one. It would be awesome if you could do a review when it arrives!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Spotting scope.
    By Buckfeaver in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-04-2020, 06:55 AM
  2. WTB: Spotting Scope
    By SouthernClog in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2020, 07:29 PM
  3. Spotting scope tripods
    By Frodo in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-10-2019, 08:16 AM
  4. WTB: Spotting scope
    By timmywalker in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-08-2019, 07:28 PM
  5. wtb - spotting scope
    By Smiddy in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-02-2014, 10:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!