Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nesika
  • 1 Post By ariki

Thread: Steel cap / Chainsaw boots

Steel cap / Chainsaw boots

Iv never had steel cap / chainsaw boots be for but I know that I should be whereing them with the amount I use chainsaws I'm after boots at the top end of the boots I don't think I would get Andrew's i have had another pear of there boots but they didn't suit my body what are the mendial air stream one's like what other boots are there I want lace up breathable water proof thanks Il be using on steep wanganui hill county & when it's real slippy I do use crampons

why not go and get dedicated chainsaw/logging boots and be done with it??? if you want value for money @Sarvo has great/awesome boots....but if you drop moving saw on your shin or foot...a proper boot may save you and a super comfy one,not so much...probably will save foot and root boot but wouldnt guarantee it.

MSL
    I got a pair of ‘haix’ chainsaw boots, every bit as comfortable as my meindl island pros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No chainsaw boot will stop a saw at full chat.

I have had to wear chainsaw boots for the last 20 years,the Meindels with the red rubber welt are the best,If they suit your feet,Tyrol " fighters" are another good choice ,had a few of pairs of Haix and found them pretty hot.

I got given a pair of Husquvarna boots to trial and they are honestly the worst pair of boots I have worn since leaving NZ.

I only wear chainsaw protective boots because I have to.If I didn't have to I would be back to wearing Wesco's in a heartbeat.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

I'm not worry bot cuting myself it's the work safe guys that I don't want on my back that's why I thort I'd get the

I have a pair of the red rand Meindl chainsaw boots. They are very comfortable and a joy to wear all day! The arb crews at my previous employment get around 2.5 years out of theirs with daily use. Very expensive but worth the money in my opinion if you spend all day in your boots.
    norsk likes this.
    See the unseen...

I have the red meindls and the other ones up the airstream pros?

Im a chippy and the red ones lasted 2 years on building sites. Used in the hills a couple of times. I need some new boots and i will more than likely get the red ones again. The orange pros are just not quite right.

The price is what I pay for boots any way been using top end boots for years I think il have a look at the Pfanner Zermatt GTX Chainsaw Boot & the Pfanner Tyrol Fighter Chainsaw Boots couse the local shop said they should be able to get them in for me if they have any if not it be a drive out off town to the forestry shop some where I rang one them bot meindls but they told there none in the country at the moment & they wating for next shipment they thort it be in September at some stage

I have the Andrew and got through local Farmlands for just over$500 and love them easily wear for 11 hours a day all week fencing on hills in Wairoa and Kawhia. Heavy but really comfortable warm and good sole.
    kukuwai likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ariki View Post
    I have the Andrew and got through local Farmlands for just over$500 and love them easily wear for 11 hours a day all week fencing on hills in Wairoa and Kawhia. Heavy but really comfortable warm and good sole.
    Me too, wear them all day every day Frickin awesome boot.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

If had a pair off Andrew's but didn't suit my feet I got sore feet & I only got 9 months out off then as then I went back th the gronells farmlands sell & had close to for years out them doing the same work & havnt got sore feet once but they don't do a chainsaw one grrr