Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Stoney Creek Hiking Packs

Anyone on here had much experience/issues with SC's hiking packs?
    I'm thinking something that you could use for long weekends hiking in like the 55l bivy or 60l trapper pack.
    I don't have an issue with SC's quality with hunting clothing but hiking packs are something you don't want skimp on. SC hasn't really been in the hiking pack business for long and their harnesses look a bit substandard to me.
    Would you get one of their packs or would you go with the tried and true Macpacs and fairydowns?

RR

Hi RR

I just picked up a 2nd hand Macpac Ravine, 65l, seems bombproof and very comfortable. Nice and simple bag, good harness, not in Camo if that bothers you.
    Might be worth a look on Trademe.

Cheers

Dino
    "If God wanted us to be vegetarian....why did he make meat taste so good?"

Cactus make very good packs aswell, loving mine
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Broke a stoney creek pack in 3 months they just arent built tough! Changed to a macpac after trying 3 other 'hunting' brands.

scoped has the idear! go down the road to your nearest macpac shop and buy yourself a cascade. never mind anything else. macpac make the best as packs and they can handle the rough stuff. i have had mine for seventeen years and its still going strong. if there is a problem they will most of the time repair it free of charge!

Yep just spend 2 days tearing through some fairly harsh scrub and sub alpine shit, last time i went there i broke the stoney creek. Took the macpac and no sign of wear and tear. The old man has a macpac from 30-40 years ago its still in good nick and no rips tears etc. He just replaced it with a new one as he wanted a bit more capacity.