Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By puku

Thread: Stoney creek rural rainwear

Stoney creek rural rainwear

Hi there im starting get wet in my wet weathers witch isnt much fun again so time for some new ones any one on here used the pioneer or force 11 stoney creek if so does it last longer than the cheeper techniflex stuf witch I get a year out of. how long dose the bead of them for & when the water stops beading do they hold water like a hunting coat how long do they take to dry they are a lot dearer but if I could get two years out them then $ well spend

Not sure about the stoney creek stuff, but I had the same issue as you only lasting a year with the seal flex, now I am using kaiwaka stormforce Kaiwaka Clothing > Store and into its 3rd year it still keeps me dry, it no longer beads but still stays dry on the inside, it is one product I would highly recommend.
    TIKKA 595 7mm08 for the deer 12 gauge for everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Not sure about the stoney creek stuff, but I had the same issue as you only lasting a year with the seal flex, now I am using kaiwaka stormforce Kaiwaka Clothing > Store and into its 3rd year it still keeps me dry, it no longer beads but still stays dry on the inside, it is one product I would highly recommend.
    I know the stuff dad just brought some at the feildays & he is happy with it but hasn't had it long enoth to see how it going to last he got told they you can buy some stuff from them that you paint on to make the water bead off again.

I've had the pioneer pants. Been threw three pairs in less than a year. Gave up on them in the end after sending them back.
    Then I bought a pair of force 11 pants last year for snow raking. They have been leaking for about three months in the knees.
    I'm reasonably tough on hear but not real hard. I mean fuck we only get 350ml a year!
    Techniflex used to last me a winter when I was around te anau

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    BRADS likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    I've had the pioneer pants. Been threw three pairs in less than a year. Gave up on them in the end after sending them back.
    Then I bought a pair of force 11 pants last year for snow raking. They have been leaking for about three months in the knees.
    I'm reasonably tough on hear but not real hard. I mean fuck we only get 350ml a year!
    Techniflex used to last me a winter when I was around te anau

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Man that fucks you when you spend that much & that's why I ask on here befor I got some so I think ill try the stormforce

Yep.
    From memory the Pioneers kept finding new places to leak around the seams. The seam tape was coming off in one pair.

The Force 11's are just too soft below the knee and become weak and leak. I think its because of the reinforcing on the shin and over knee areas, that it tends to get a real hiding where its not reinforced.
    Very comfortable though
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Great jacket for farm use. I think mine is around 5 years old and still keeps the water out. Zip is stuffed but the storm flap keeps most out. If its really bucketing down I use my new one. Leggings arn't quite as good as in the same time I've had two pairs and both have gone in the inside of the knee.

Yip with you there. Some of that farmer outdoor wear is harder wearing, and performs better than that expensive gear from other outdoor hunting clothing brands.