Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LOC
  • 1 Post By LOC

Thread: Susie's Bags - kiwi made soft gun bags

LOC

Susie's Bags - kiwi made soft gun bags

heads up for anyone looking for a good quality NZ made soft gun bag thats a bit different to what is available in the gun shops
    for a number of years we've had a couple of Susie's booze bags at home which are a tough as hell waterproof canvas padded bag that holds about a dozen bottles of spirits (or beer/wine equivalent). they get treated badly on boats/beaches etc all summer and are still in perfect knick
    recently heard from a mate that Susie makes gun bags too and has done for years, if they are anything like the booze bag i doubt there is any tougher gun bag out there
    i just ordered one so if anyone is interested i can let you know what it is like in the hand when it arrives

Gun Covers - Susie's Bags
    P38 likes this.

They make some really nice looking stuff. Be keen to hear how your gun bag goes
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

They look good, and if you are looking for something in PVC then let me know, Std size are $80 and NZ made and can do custom bags also

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

I have one of their swags. Its bloody awesome

LOC
    after a 4 year old Plano soft gun bag (with irregular use) just fell apart yesterday at the zip (stitching + zipper) i thought i'd just pop through an update on how rugged these Susie's Gun Bags are. having given it a decent amount of use in the past year it really is on another level of quality from anything else i've seen.

the plano bag that blew out is $90 at hunting and fishing and the Susie Large Rifle Cover (bag) are $75 + delivery and you just can't compare the material/zip/stitching quality. only downside is no pockets

the reason i was using that damned plano bag is that one of my rifles is too long for the Susie Bag so i've been speaking to Susie this morning to see if she can custom make a 150cm long x 35cm deep to accomodate a longer rifle and larger scope. unfortunately pockets look too expensive to add

if anyone else is keen for a larger rifle soft gun bag let me know as it will help bring the cost down doing a custom factory run. it is NZ made/owned too

Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    I have one of their swags. Its bloody awesome
    P38 likes this.