Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swazi gaiters

Swazi gaiters

hi do any of you guys use these, how tough are they. I have been using huntech gaiters for a few years but I bust the zip so now I,m after a replacement

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I have not used Swazi gaiters but the Swazi brand in general is associated with quality.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

have to agree swazi gear is hard to beat, I have the wapiti jacket and the bib and brace I find it great, just a pity they no longer make the bibs

I have a pair of the long ones that I have no complaints with.
    The canvas stays wet a long time, I think the suede outer slows drying. They are a nice close fit which I like, and they don't really sag down on me if I slacken off the strap around the top. One of the loops for fitting something to go under your foot broke some time ago, I've been meaning to get it repaired but to be honest they sit there just fine without. I make a loop of nylon para type chord retained with a crimp.
    They keep pretty much everything out of my boots and if I'm quick, they seem to let you cross slightly deeper creeks without getting as wet boots than without them...... Maybe that's gaiters in general though, I've only worn Swazis.
    Defiantly not noisy like a nylon tramping type gaiter, but the suede outer has a few patches in it now. The canvas underneath is quite hardy though. No problems with the zips.
    Swazi is awesome gear in general, have a couple of their coats and jackets too.