Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Neckshot

Thread: Tatonka Lastenkraxe

ebf

Tatonka Lastenkraxe

One of the NZ hunting mags did a write-up on these a couple of months ago.

Interesting idea... RRP of $ 299, the packsack is $ 120

Tight Lines > Product

Anyone using one, or seen one and decided to buy it (or to avoid it) ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Banned
    Ive only had a squize at one in the shop but having owned a tatonka pack before wouldnt hesitate to get another one if i needed one.Are you gonna start meet Hunting

ebf
    my overnight tramping pack is one of those ultralight jobs, not really made for bundu bashing

these look pretty useful, also for lugging stuff like chainsaw, jerry can etc around while having your hands free

Banned
    And why would you be doing those thingsnot planning on horticulture up in the bush aye?...........just joking.I agree i would of thought more along the lines of pulling a big animal out if you didnt want to bone it out maybe?........or if you blew the bum end out nof your hunting mate so you have to drag his sorry ass out
    veitnamcam, kokako, ebf and 1 others like this.

Yeah I've got one - just the frame. It's a good unit. Didn't know til now that they have an accessory pack.
    If you sling a regular pack on one then it makes the going a smidge harder because you're holding weight further out from your body.
    Great if you know you're carrying a deer out, also good for weight training - I slung a benchvice and some steel stock wrapped in rags into a 20L plastic pail and lugged that about Wilton bush the other day on the Lastenkraxe - hard work.
    I'm planning on keeping it for meat recovery - I've got a giant rolltop vinyl bag from Torpedo7 that goes well with it. I leave that in the truck and take my normal pack then if I shoot anything I gut and hang it in a meatsafe/bag thingy then pack out, grab the frame and bag and use that to pack the protein out..

It'd be perfect for someone supplying a remote bach with LPG cylinders or volunteers carrying track building materials but really it's just a modern harness system and an alum frame so not too complicated - the good thing is that the bottom rail means that it usu stays standing up on flat ground.

ebf
    Ta 308, that's what I was hoping to hear