Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gadgetman
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By 2post
  • 1 Post By craigc

Thread: Tent pole bungy

Banned

Tent pole bungy

I notice while packing my Olympus today, the elastic/bungy is about to snap in two of the poles.

My old boss insisted the poles be broken down from the middle to stop this happening, which I always do. Seems this doesn't work.

Is there a superior replacement available?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I notice while packing my Olympus today, the elastic/bungy is about to snap in two of the poles.

My old boss insisted the poles be broken down from the middle to stop this happening, which I always do. Seems this doesn't work.

Is there a superior replacement available?
    https://www.eplgroup.com/

here ya go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    I feel like they might not sell by the meter.

Might just get whatever is sold as spares and carry a spare in the repair kit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Not even sure where I picked it up, but a "tent pole repair kit" has a bit of thin gauge wire with hook on the end, about 2ft long, and came with some yardage of elastic.
    Was obviously cheap enough I didn't bother bending some ss wire I had at home. have re-strung maybe 20m of fibreglass poleage with it.

Folding from middle will delay the ineiviatable fatigue. I cringe when i see people start at one end.
    Superior? counterweights on a pulley system. (Can be sand pouches, local stones etc) with paracord, to your tarp/fly.

Depending what you're trying to pitch...
    Just a Vietnamese Olympus.

Complete Outdoors sell repair kits or you can just get the cord from your local hardware store. Your boss was right about the way to break the poles down, keep halving till all folded. starting from one end it gets tighter and tighter.
    Gibo likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Complete Outdoors sell repair kits or you can just get the cord from your local hardware store. Your boss was right about the way to break the poles down, keep halving till all folded. starting from one end it gets tighter and tighter.
    well Ive learnt something new today........
    veitnamcam and Steve123 like this.

The other day I replaced the micro tents pole bungys cord. Two years ago I had replaced the poles bungys on my Olympus and Minraret. Got the cord from Mitre 10.

You can but the elastic bungy cord on Aliexpress cheap as chips. I have replaced a couple now with no problems. Easy to do if you follow a youtube clip

Micky Duck likes this.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

I had to replace the bunny in my MSR Hubba Hubba and quite frankly the original stuff was shiiite. Ironically I replaced it with a MSR product off trademe and it seems so much better.
    Micky Duck likes this.