Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoshC

Thread: In tents outdoors

In tents outdoors

Has any one used any of there light weight tents I was looking at geting a bivy bag to use under tent fly & come across these tents they look good on paper & the photos but have been court out buy stuff & not doing research before I'd bee looking at this one Ultralight 1 Man Hiking Tent 670g - ULTRAPACK-SW or this one Ultralight 1 Man Hiking Tent 890g - ULTRAPACK-DW I'd only be useing it on the bush or bush clearings thans guys

I have the hopper 2, good tent for the money.
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

No experience with these, or the seller so little help really, but I imagine this is it ...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/590G...1-5df345c40149

Haven't see then but if your looking at bivu bags, check out kiwi disposals for any ex army goretex ones, they are heavy but good

Oexperience with the brand but the one will the built in inner will condensate really bad. Go the clip in inner with mesh surround.

3f ultralight on aliexpress have a good rep if you are after a good value sil tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Oexperience with the brand but the one will the built in inner will condensate really bad. Go the clip in inner with mesh surround.

3f ultralight on aliexpress have a good rep if you are after a good value sil tent.
    Why do you think the 1 at intent outdoors will condensate really bad vs the aliexpress 1 as they look the same to me with where the air events are or is sil nylon more breathable but the aliexpress one weights 1.5kg vs 670gms

Quote Originally Posted by hunt08 View Post
    Why do you think the 1 at intent outdoors will condensate really bad vs the aliexpress 1 as they look the same to me with where the air events are or is sil nylon more breathable but the aliexpress one weights 1.5kg vs 670gms
    Its not the intents outdoors tent specifically it is that design. There isnt sufficient airflow with the built in inner as it seals against the tent wall. There are several manufacturers with similar designs and they all suffer from the same problem. Single skin tents need airflow. The one with the clip in inner will be fine as it is mesh all round and wont seal.

This https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/colle...ucts/deschutes is what I use with a clip in inner. Is about 400g with stakes. I have the inner but usually just use my borah gear bivy. Heaps of space, is a good wee shelter

Its not the intents outdoors tent specifically it is that design. There isnt sufficient airflow with the built in inner as it seals against the tent wall. There are several manufacturers with similar designs and they all suffer from the same problem. Single skin tents need airflow. The one with the clip in inner will be fine as it is mesh all round and wont seal.

This https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/colle...ucts/deschutes is what I use with a clip in inner. Is about 400g with stakes. I have the inner but usually just use my borah gear bivy. Heaps of space, is a good wee shelter
    +1 for clip in inner, or one that the inner can stay attached so it all goes up in one hit (macpac multi-pitch). Pitching inner first is not good in a downpour.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I ring the guy at in tents & talk to him he was really good to talk to & he said the same as you nick-d he said that you got get a dobble skin tent if you want use it from nw on. What's your borah bivy like I take it you can sleep on wet ground with out water coming in when you move round in side of the bivy dose the hole bivy roll over so the top is underneath & let water in I did like the look of your bivy tho

Quote Originally Posted by hunt08 View Post
    I ring the guy at in tents & talk to him he was really good to talk to & he said the same as you nick-d he said that you got get a dobble skin tent if you want use it from nw on. What's your borah bivy like I take it you can sleep on wet ground with out water coming in when you move round in side of the bivy dose the hole bivy roll over so the top is underneath & let water in I did like the look of your bivy tho
    The borah bivs are good, light (150 odd grams?) and keeps the bugs, condensation and splashes off your sleeping bag. Made to be used under a tarp. Only downside is the silnylon floor is slippery.

You can stake them out if needed but I've had no problems when thrashing around.

I have the Hopper 2 and a Ranger 1, bought the, just to try them out. Good tents for the money. Definitely water proof. Their designs are mainly copies of proven tents. The Hopper 2 is a MSR copy, it's handled some massive winds, when mates tents worth five times more have been damaged beyond repair. If you're on a budget I'd recommend them.
    Kooza likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

The borah bivs are good, light (150 odd grams?) and keeps the bugs, condensation and splashes off your sleeping bag. Made to be used under a tarp. Only downside is the silnylon floor is slippery.

You can stake them out if needed but I've had no problems when thrashing around.
    Slippery an understatement, so slippery.
    Nice bivy tho
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.