Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nesika

Thread: Thermarest NeoAir XTherm Sizing - Regular or Large

Thermarest NeoAir XTherm Sizing - Regular or Large

I am looking at purchasing a Thermarest NeoAir XTherm. I have read that the sides of the matress tend to collapse slightly under pressure so am unsure whether to go with the Regular or Large verson. Under normal circumstances the 'Regular' size will be fine however if the edge collaspe is a big deal my thoughts are to go for the 'Large' model to guarentee a good nights sleep (My sleeping bag is a Macpac Pinnacle which doesnt have down on the bottom of the bag hence my cautios approach). The 'Regular' is lighter by around 140 grms which is a postitive also (Regular @ 430g vs Large @ 570 g). I would be greatful of any comments from those who have and use the XTherm and even the NeoAir XLite on their experiences and size preferences.

Cheers

Does your bag have a pocket to slip the mat in ? If so you would want to get the regular if it fits ? . I'm going to check my mat as I'm sure it don't weigh that much ( 500 grms ? )
    just googled and they are 2/12 inches thick , that's 5 star comfort there alright .
    Last edited by Munsey; 22-09-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I have the Neoair xlite regular. I'm 6'4" and it is OK for length, but I use clothes for a pillow rather than having my head on the mat. I haven't noticed the edges collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    I have the Neoair xlite regular. I'm 6'4" and it is OK for length, but I use clothes for a pillow rather than having my head on the mat. I haven't noticed the edges collapsing.
    Same, bloody good matts!!!!!!

Thanks guys that's the info I'm after. Yes Munsey the bag has the pocket which the mat slips into. Given the extra thickness compared to my older Thermarest, is something to consider especially with the 'Large' model.
    Munsey likes this.