Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By dannyb
  • 1 Post By Happy Jack
  • 1 Post By Stag
  • 2 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Trekology super comfortable sleeping mat for the sasquatche among us

Cool Trekology super comfortable sleeping mat for the sasquatche among us

Well a couple months ago i splashed out on an ultralight insulated sleeping mat.
    Can't remember the brand but it was a copy lf a thermarest neoair xlite in mummy shape and large size.....its actually a pretty good copy and ultra light but the mummy shape doesn't suit me and i gound it a little narrow for my large frame.
    I spent 1 night on it and although it was definitely comfy and plenty thick and warm it just isn't something I'm likely to use again do I'll probably list it up for sale soon or add it to the pile of gear i don't use.

Fast forward a vouple months and after trawling the yellow site i found a worthy contender at a reasonable price.
    The trekology ultra light sleeping mat in large.
    Here is the product blurb:

"Trekology UL Inflatable Sleeping Pad, Camping Mat for Sleeping - ALUFT UL80 Compact Lightweight Camp Mats, Ultralight Single Inflating Mattress for Hiking Tent Hammock (Gray)

-REST WELL TONIGHT, ADVENTURE TOMORROW: Stay warm and comfortable from cold, wet, and uneven camp floor! This comfy mattress has a unique curvature design that holds your body in place at night. Never fear of falling on to the ground again! It keeps you insulated by elevating you 10cm from ground. You will find solid support from head to leg for a great night sleep. Get ready to be energetic for your adventure the next day! You won't miss your bed! Suitable for adults and kids alike!

-SUPER EASY to INFLATE and DEFLATE with our enlarged air valve: Blow air to your desired firmness by mouth or using standard electronic pumps (sold separately) and you are ready for a good night sleep outdoors! Deflation is as easy as opening the valve and pushing out the air, then folding the mat back to its carrying bag. You will be ready to go in seconds!

-COMPACT and EASY to CARRY - packs small to a size of 7.3 inch x 4.7 inch (18.5 cm x 12 cm) and only 750g (26.5 oz), it is extremely lightweight to carry around. Easy and compact to fit into your backpack, or any of your duffel bag for a perfect camping or backpacking trip! It's like carrying an ultra light foldable bed outdoors!

-PREMIUM QUALITY, ROBUST and STURDY: This heavy-duty mat is made of strong and durable 40D nylon with a premium water-resistant coating. It is designed to sustain extreme environments. It is a perfect mat for 3 seasons. The estimated R-value is around 1.6 to 2, with the exact value varies by measurement. Grab one and get ready for your hiking or camping trips! "

Any way the important specs are 57cm wide x 191cm long and a whopping 10cm thick when inflated
    I can lay flat or roll onto my side and it's very comfy, looking forward to getting out camping again as I'll be honest I've been avoiding it due to not loving my previous mat.

Anyway here's a couple pics.

Weight including stuff sack.
    Name:  20220427_120847.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  3.14 MB

Pic next to a sauce botyle for scale basically its just a little larger than a coke can.
    Name:  20220427_120641.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  2.84 MB

Side on view showing thickness that's a standard size deck of cards for scale.
    Name:  20220427_120039.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  3.46 MB

Pic of matt fully inflated.
    Name:  20220427_115901.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  4.94 MB
    #DANNYCENT

Look forward to the review, cheap pricing too.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    Look forward to the review, cheap pricing too.
    I borrowed my mates nemo for our last trip which was pretty damn good too similar size and weight
    #DANNYCENT

Like you I don’t like my neo air for comfort.

The R rating is quite low, will be interesting to see if you stay warm.

Have been doing a heap of reading and I’m going to try the Big Agnes Riptide mat, similar specs to yours but think it’s R4.2

Please do report on its performance
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stag View Post
    Like you I don’t like my neo air for comfort.

The R rating is quite low, will be interesting to see if you stay warm.

Have been doing a heap of reading and I’m going to try the Big Agnes Riptide mat, similar specs to yours but think it’s R4.2

Please do report on its performance
    Yeah will do, I have a decent bag and bag liner, tent can run a ground sheet as well as the floor, all this does add up to a reasonable amount of insulation.
    Micky Duck and Stag like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Have a gander at UniGear comfy p3

Quote Originally Posted by kristopher View Post
    Have a gander at UniGear comfy p3
    That's a fair whack heavier, but yeah would be comfortable I'm sure
    #DANNYCENT

Any report on how this went @dannyb

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    Any report on how this went @dannyb
    I haven't slept on it yet
    #DANNYCENT

funny...that is almost like the lilos we had in the early 80s...... hell those thing took a beating,many of them spent lazy summy afternoons in swimming pools or lakes,rivers with folks getting sunburnt to a crisp asleep on them.seldom would they get holed on rough ground as material was thick..and heavy..but you sure got a good nights sleep.
    my old ex nzdf sleeping bag cover HAD funny wee lilo like tubes that slipped inside compartments on bottom side.....its a good system as stops you rolling off it...
    dannyb and yeah_na_missed like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters