Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What hiking boots do you have, and are they any good?

What hiking boots do you have, and are they any good?

Im looking to get some new boots, I currently have some Hi-tec lima boots and they are comfy however they are not very old (6-9 months old maybe) and are falling apart already. A bit of shoe goo will probably get them through the summer but
    I will definitly need something new for winter to keep my feet dry.
    So what do you have, and are they any good? And if they are good then what did they cost?

Cheers
    Guy

Lowa Tibets. Pretty bulletproof so far.

My bush boots are Scarpa SL's. They've been great, pretty thrashed now though.
    stingray and Shearer like this.

ezdirect.nz
    Good Barsted
    Quality gear
    gadgetman likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Lowa Tibets. Pretty bulletproof so far.

My bush boots are Scarpa SL's. They've been great, pretty thrashed now though.
    +1 for Lowa got the Tibet's and I think rangers

Ejected
    Lowa Ranger 3. Awesome boots.

paraflex boots made in christchurch. used for years and only cost me $60 to get them re-soled last year
    Home - Paraflex

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    ezdirect.nz
    Good Barsted
    Quality gear
    +1

I have an old ex-German forces pair of the equivalent of the Haix K2. Fantastic boot but after a few years are getting ready fir a resole.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Lowa Tibets for the heavy going and Meindl Arizonas for a lighter boot.
    These guys are worth checking out, only 35 euros for freight and here in 7 days.
    Unterwegs Outdoor Online Shop & Mailorder - Clothes, gear for Trekking, Hiking, Camping, Climbing, Traveling

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    ezdirect.nz
    Good Barsted
    Quality gear
    Some of the above statements are not true from personal experience.

I have had Andrews (current)Lowa,bestard and now running in a pair of Salomon Quest for a bush boot. Having a great run out of Andrews 12 months in, Lowa and Bestard i got 18 mths before they were unwearable and for similar reasons so changed the style and also the type of boot cream and conditioner. Would never use Ezdirect again after his after sale but thats a whole other story. My boots are well used as i get out most weekend for a day hunt so prob minimum of 60 hunts a year @8-10 hours is 480-600 hours in them per year. With the combination of a different style and boot conditioner i will get more than 18 mths from the Andrews at this rate.

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

My meindl island pros are coming up 4 years old in December. The gore tex leaks now around the flex area at the front and the soles are fairly worn. I'll be buying a new pair when I get around to it. Good stability, good for sidling and kicking steps, good toe for climbing and still comfortable when wet for days on end. They cost about 600. Not to mention they have won awards internationally.
    #BallisticFists

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    My meindl island pros are coming up 4 years old in December. The gore tex leaks now around the flex area at the front and the soles are fairly worn. I'll be buying a new pair when I get around to it. Good stability, good for sidling and kicking steps, good toe for climbing and still comfortable when wet for days on end. They cost about 600. Not to mention they have won awards internationally.
    What sort of milage have you done in these boots in the last 4 years fella??
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Just a caution - no matter how many other people recommend a boot, don't buy them unless they're a good fit for your own feet.

I've had a great run from La Sportivas myself.
    tetawa likes this.

Have worn Bullers for 50 plus years, as a North Is bush boot wouldn't look elsewhere.

Lowa Tibet worn every day get about 12-14 months out of a pair. On third pair now best wearing most comfortable boot for me.Had spotiva and Mendels before that ,stager sports for meindel suck ass in the customer service department .

Got Lowa Tibets for myself on recommendation from my dad as they lasted almost 2 years for him worn daily on farm. Highly recommend them, comfy as and pretty solid. Know someone else that got Hiax Nebraska's and the sole has started coming off after 7 months worn daily on farm but they would be fine for tramping and hunting use. Basically take some of the advice off here then go try on all the boots and see what fits best as like said before just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you.