Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By systolic

Thread: WTG: Camoflage Swanndri shirt

WTG: Camoflage Swanndri shirt

I am in the US, North Carolina.

Looking for an XL (size 44-46 chest) swanndri hunting shirt. I do not believe they have made them for 10-15 years. Cannot find one here, so thought I would go straight to where they were made.

Here is a pic of my old one. I have used it for 25 years and looking for another.

email hermanharke@aol.com if you have one for sale and want to part with it.

I need pics, price (state whether NZ or US), condition of any holes tears etc. size and most importantly if it is still the same size as the label ie it did not shrink 2 sizes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Have a look at pgg wrightsons, farmsource, Rd1 and other supply stores, swanndri is still being produced maybe not the exact model you had

Yes, but there is a difference in the weave also. I have several other swanndri shirts now. I am after the older one like the pic. I can get the othes here in the US

I've only ever seen a couple of camo versions and that was a long time ago. The good thing with the old Swanni was that the fabric was put through a hot wash which pre shrunk it, increasing its waterproofing and avoiding further shrinkage (so any excuse about it shrinking is invalid )

Swanndri Iconic Hard-wearing Wool Bush Shirts
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

An eye out here is probably your best bet.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...estedCategory=
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    An eye out here is probably your best bet.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...estedCategory=
    Been watching that spot, thought I would try somewhere else and see.

Banned
    I've never seen a Swandri in that cammo pattern before. I've only seen the DPM cammo ones.

Swandri brand I mean, not that useless woolen jacket the army issued in the late 80s and early 90s.
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    I've never seen a Swandri in that cammo pattern before. I've only seen the DPM cammo ones.

Swandri brand I mean, not that useless woolen jacket the army issued in the late 80s and early 90s.
    yeah same. mate had one back in the early 90s I think.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

Yeah i remember those, i think we had to hand in our second hand DPM jacket(british) for a new camo swandri with full zip, gee they took up alot of space in the alice pack.

I have trousers,shirt and bush jacket in that pattern .It works very well stop moving and you all but disappear.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

Quote Originally Posted by john m View Post
    I have trousers,shirt and bush jacket in that pattern .It works very well stop moving and you all but disappear.
    like Drax.

Name:  Drax-Quotes-1.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  88.7 KB