Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: aint it always the way

aint it always the way

found a spot with 20 or 30 ducks in it yaa
    could shoot them easily buttttttt will have major problems retrieving them
    its on a big fast rdr and theyre not hooking off it untill a wee way down could position a couple of ambushers at that spot and pick them up on the land as they break out of the trees oh well if i get real duck hungry i give it a crack did point and flush 3 single calis on the sojourn but i didnt like how close they were to the road so left them. DO OUR PURISTS SHOOT SINGLES OR JUST COVEY FLUSHES AND FOLLOWUPS.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    did point and flush 3 single calis on the sojourn but i didnt like how close they were to the road so left them. DO OUR PURISTS SHOOT SINGLES OR JUST COVEY FLUSHES AND FOLLOWUPS.
    I'll take what I can get, but I'm no purist!

im missing the little bullet bastards so bad this year i might join your club
    same gun? same loads? same dog? just me a year closer to senility

I'll make you vice president of the quail preservation society

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    I'll make you vice president of the quail preservation society
    knowing my luck the spca will have me charged with quail worrying on the upside my ammo supplier smiles when he see,s me.

There is only one place to preserve a quail...in the freezer with at least five others...
    JoshC, gsp follower and teFerrarri like this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    There is only one place to preserve a quail...in the freezer with at least five others...
    the way im goin that might happen round the end of august
    EeeBees likes this.

coming upon a covey always has me giggling in a (sick, I guess) way...it so reminds me of the Battle of Isandlwana when in the terrible panic, the quartermaster was handing out the prescribed three rounds to the lads...there is always that moment when the covey goes up and you have to bite your bottom lip to help you focus!! Then, if you seriously botch it up, there is the Dog swearing at you
    mikee and gsp follower like this.

I just think" I wonder if i run over any "as i drive past :p

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Toby likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    the way im goin that might happen round the end of august
    Maybe we could combine our tallys so we at least get a meal out of it!
    EeeBees and Toby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Maybe we could combine our tallys so we at least get a meal out of it!
    MAYBE A SMOKO IF WE,RE LUCKY
    coming upon a covey always has me giggling in a (sick, I guess) way...it so reminds me of the Battle of Isandlwana when in the terrible panic, the quartermaster was handing out the prescribed three rounds to the lads...there is always that moment when the covey goes up and you have to bite your bottom lip to help you focus!! Then, if you seriously botch it up, there is the Dog swearing at you
    i get a twitch in my left eye now and an uncontrollable urge to chase them down and ask them why the wont die
    mine just gives me a quizzical look followed by a eyeroll and ''here we go again'' look
    he makes a fuss and does everything but pat me on the head when i topple one.
    i must be such a letdown for him at the mo an embarassment in front of his doggy mates

Hehehehehehe, how polite the German is, the French swears!!!!
    Last edited by EeeBees; 11-06-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Googled how fast quail can fly and this is the only reference to their actual flying speed...

How Fast Are Quail?
    Quail are pretty fast runners for birds. When a quail is in a hurry, it can run about 20 feet (6 meters) in one second. Although a quail would have a hard time outrunning a predator over long distances, it is fast enough to dart out of a predator’s grasp and into the thicket.

Although quail fly only for short distances, some can fly quite fast. One of the fastest quail is the California quail. It has been timed flying at speeds of more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) per hour. The northern bobwhite can fly at about 40 miles (64 kilometers) per hour for short flights.

So if you take his speed, our reaction time, speed of projected pellets etc the mathematics are just as exciting as hunting the little beauties...
    gsp follower likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Googled how fast quail can fly and this is the only reference to their actual flying speed...

How Fast Are Quail?
    Quail are pretty fast runners for birds. When a quail is in a hurry, it can run about 20 feet (6 meters) in one second. Although a quail would have a hard time outrunning a predator over long distances, it is fast enough to dart out of a predator’s grasp and into the thicket.

Although quail fly only for short distances, some can fly quite fast. One of the fastest quail is the California quail. It has been timed flying at speeds of more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) per hour. The northern bobwhite can fly at about 40 miles (64 kilometers) per hour for short flights.

So if you take his speed, our reaction time, speed of projected pellets etc the mathematics are just as exciting as hunting the little beauties...
    That's interesting eebees 80 ks an hr , anyone know the average speed a skeet leaves the tower ? . Be nice to compare .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Munsey, I did the old googly thing and this is the only reference that made any sense...as to the speed of a clay

clays travel from about 30 to about 50mph
    Munsey likes this.