Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar

Benelli or beretta?

Ready for an upgrade - alot of different opinions out there.

Which make and model best? Looking for a 28" field/duck semi auto gun

Vinci, M4, A400, A400 lite - your opinions appreciated
    Addicted to gun powder

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    Sorry just noticed there is a shotgun forum thread!
    Addicted to gun powder

yes there is a shotgun thread.i think you meant M2 not m4 when referring to benelli.

Benelli Cordoba if budget will stretch to it

I have owned a Benelli Vinci for 3 yrs and have had no issues, easy to break down and clean ,soft shooting, cycles really light loads, they are the biz. Never owned a beretta but can't rate the Vinci highly enough!

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    I rate my Vinci.
    Likewise I have never owned a Beretta and probably never will.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Beretta If you gas operated, Benelli 's inertia operated.

Shoot em both at duckshooters shoot on 10th and see which one you shoot best

Personally i shoot the Benellli better than the Beretta but I brought a Browning O/U cause I hate picking up empties
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Everyone will always rate what they have, it's human nature.
    Saying that I've got a A400 it's never missed a beat and is been for the odd swim in the river, brilliant piece of kit

as i have both heres my penny's worth.i have a benelli ultralight and this is very versatile although it is bias for upland game.the beretta A400 will shoot heavier loads with less recoil.either gun will do both jobs,the benelli suits fast reflex shots,such as quail or jumping ducks,the beretta is great on swans,geese,ducks and still does a great job on anything else.if i did a lot of walking with my shooting i'd take the benelli, but really there is not much in it.personal preference is more important.

I have benelli M2 super black eagle and like it. That said u shot a Beretta a 400 and really like it. If it came in left handed I would consider changing

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I have a M2 and a Urika. I have also used an Xtrema. All are great, but the best thing to do is go shoot them. The most important thing is that you pattern it. Both of mine pattern well (albeit using different ammo), but I have seen a number of different benelli and beretta models shoot all over the place i.e. Consistently shoot high left.

Good luck.

I have owned a few different benelli and beretta shotguns. You cant really go wrong, its just what comes up best for you. I had a benelli vinci then got my hands on an A400 and sold the vinci. I shoot no where near as well with the A400, so much so that Im selling the A400 and buying a Vinci Cordoba. I have been at the Beretta/Benelli shoot today in CHCH. Highly rate the A400 light. Feels like a 20 and hits like a 12. Only a 3" chamber, but who the hell shoots 3.5" all the time. If I had to pick two it would be the Vinci and A400 light.

Had Benelli M2 and had mean headaches by the end of the day. Got a Beretta A400 last season and love it. Miss less birds and no headache at the end of the day......love it!!!

Whatever one fits you best. I have a m2 with 26 inch barrel. Light, fast pointing and good to carry around all day jump shooting ponds, or shooting rabbits in central etc.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Have a Benelli M2 20 gauge, 26" barrel. Very fast and light. Patterns well and have dropped pheasants and ducks at around 40 metres no problem. Had the same gun in 12 gauge but prefer the 20.