Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Beretta A400 worth the money

Beretta A400 worth the money

Hi
    Are the beretta A400 semi's worth the money been thinking of buying one for duck shooting this year. retiring the old rem 870 i have been using as i have i few extra $$ these days,
    Dont want to buy something cheaper and regret it but also don't wanna fork out for a name.

They are a good auto, try one before you buy in case it don't fit you. A cheapy that fits is far better than $3500 that doesn't.

The Stoger 3000 are just as good and made by Beretta.

I have had A LOT of different semis. Benelli Vinci, Benelli Super Black Eagle 3, Stoger, A400 Extreme, A400 Light and a remington versa max. The stoger and remington were both a complete waste of time and complete pieces of shit. All of the rest were fantastic and were only sold to have something new. I goose cull, shoot sporting clays and of course duck hunt with the same gun, so i get to know them pretty well. The new A00 extreme plus is without a doubt the best semi auto i have ever fired! and that is something coming from a man raised as a benelli fan boy.
    ARdave, Matt2308, mikee and 1 others like this.

Bus driver
    Remington versamax semi auto.......you cannot go wrong...I have 2 of them......not cheap,but not expensive as far as shotguns can go.....the Beretta is about the same cost as the Remington....I don’t think you’ll go wrong withv either.....both reliable,good name,mainly preference..Ive shot both and like both.....good choices either way

Quote Originally Posted by muka88 View Post
    Hi
    Are the beretta A400 semi's worth the money been thinking of buying one for duck shooting this year. retiring the old rem 870 i have been using as i have i few extra $$ these days,
    Dont want to buy something cheaper and regret it but also don't wanna fork out for a name.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Mate your old 870 is the work horse of the pump guns(I have also had one) so I’d recommend going to the work horse of the semis and get a Benelli m2 I’ve Had one for 3 seasons and it’s a no BS simple reliable gun. It comes with a shim kit to help adjust any fitting problems but for me was never needed.

i have had a few semi auto's over the years, Winchester, Fabarm (soft shooter- gas) Benelli m2 , a Benelli Vinci (which my Daughter now uses) and for the last 2 season's an A400.
    i won't be selling the A400.. the only fault that any gas operated shotgun has,is that you have to use clean burning ammo,
    or they will jam, not a big issue as they are easy and quick to clean in the field if needed.
    Like any rifle or shotgun if you can try before you buy you will find one that FITS and that is far more important than the name on the barrel...
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTY View Post
    i have had a few semi auto's over the years, Winchester, Fabarm (soft shooter- gas) Benelli m2 , a Benelli Vinci (which my Daughter now uses) and for the last 2 season's an A400.
    i won't be selling the A400.. the only fault that any gas operated shotgun has,is that you have to use clean burning ammo,
    or they will jam, not a big issue as they are easy and quick to clean in the field if needed.
    Like any rifle or shotgun if you can try before you buy you will find one that FITS and that is far more important than the name on the barrel...
    don't buy that kemen shit or some eley loads then.
    dirty as
    Ive had 5 Remington 870.s love them.
    and the day I cant crank the pump I,l shift to a double ormore likely a semi when steel becomes mandatory for 20,s

i've had a beretta 1201, saiga 12, winchester 1400 and a fabarm
    would take the fabarm over the lot if you are shooting lots of rounds as its very easy on the shoulder.
    from what i hear the turkish alloy used onthe stoeger doesnt stand up as long as italian alloy so it would come down to how much you shoot it

While I don't own one I have had a shot out of the Browning Maxus and it comes up very nice for me. It falls within your A400 budget to. While Beretta make nice shotguns I do not believe they are any better than the Browning ( but Beretta have way better marketing). All comes down to what fits you best.
    tetawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    While I don't own one I have had a shot out of the Browning Maxus and it comes up very nice for me. It falls within your A400 budget to. While Beretta make nice shotguns I do not believe they are any better than the Browning ( but Beretta have way better marketing). All comes down to what fits you best.
    I would not buy a Browning Semi personally,(and I shoot a Browning B725 quite often).
    The A400 is currently I think one of the best semi's you can get for a hunting gun. I think out of the 18 or so guys I regularly shoot with almost all hunt with an A400. If you are looking for something to shoot a lot of clays however "dirty" guns get real old real fast, everyone has moved to the next station and started shooting while you are still picking up you empties!!!
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Bus driver
    Quote,,,I would not buy a Browning Semi personally,

Why?????
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Quote,,,I would not buy a Browning Semi personally,

Why?????
    Because they swing like a club for me, they are to low in the comb (for me) the A400 is just a better gun.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

MB
    I have a Browning Maxus and like it. It was the only gun I picked up when I was looking that felt right. No issues 3 years later.

Yes they are worth it. I have four. Make sure it fits and swings and then if your comfortable buy it. Very good resale too