Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bit of Birding

Bit of Birding

So I've never really thought much about bird hunting before as i really love being out on the mountains or in the bush , to me thats as good as the hunt, but with Ellesmere right behind me as id imagine its a bit of a hotspot. I'm a shotgun owner for a start but mostly because i like to own guns as most of you probably do.
    Does anyone have any sources of good info on what duck shooting is all about and the best ways to get into, maybe a blog or a youtube channel or anyone local doesn't mind me tagging along on a day.
    From what I've gathered id need to get a game licence too , unless its just Canadian geese I'm shooting.
    Forgive me if my info is wrong I'm really not so knowledgable on this side of hunting.
    any help appreciated.

In the first instance contact NZ Fish and Game. They wilk provide you with a lot of contacts via brochures etc

thanks woody

you need to contact doc to for permits to hunt gamebirds and or geese on the lake
    they wont issue those unless you have a current game bird licence.