Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By upnorth uplander

Thread: Blinds

Blinds

Does anyone use portable blinds other than layouts??. Im thinking hay bale type blinds on the edge of the pond fully dressed with raupo.

Ejected
    All ours are portable, got to be with the rate farms are changing hands.

How portable ?? Home made or from a shop

Ejected
    A chopper is handy Just 2000 letre fuel tanks that get the chop, cut a door in and a couple of other wee mods and your done. Works well on the old corrugated iron tanks to and very portable.

Baz
    Just picked up a CamoSystems JACKAL ghillie suit, Killer-Kamo camoflage for sitting in the scrub by ponds when I dont have time to set up a blind. Will use for jump shooting ponds. Main reason is for the kayak set up im going to use this season. Go find the ducks instead of waiting for them to turn up

I do have a Northern flight laydown blind for the odd goose shoot etc. they work well. comfortable.

Get hold of a telecom tent frame, they come with a very good canvas cover if your quick lol
    Lightweight and can be painted up with good camo colours, they fold up flat. Cool.
    Only problem have to take it back when we have a need, but that's not often, never had a fault that couldn't wait!

Or just grab an old tent cheap off trade me and cut a hole in it.

I've got a cheep fold out blind , to be honest it's doesn't work that well. It's too small and I don't fell comfortable in it ,so don't shoot well out of it . If I was too consider one I would get a two man one so I had more room for me and my dog . Also the hood thingie is always in the way
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Im a fan of open top maimais, looks like its going to be some chicken netting with raupo weaved thru it and camo net backing on the inside
    Wirehunt likes this.