Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Duck boats

Duck boats

I normally shoot over a lake on the coast. Had till recently been using a 8 foot alu tinnie - some wanker stole it.

Im now looking for something to replace, even considering an inflatable, id prefer not to be arse raped in price but realise its an oportunity to maybe consider options.

something light that could with a bit of energy be thrown on top of truck (inflatable in this respects would be great), im thinking it would still be ideal to have a rigid hull? or do i go back to what i know and find a 8footer and do up again??? was a little small at times with a shit load of decoys and another person but was really handy to pull up in behind the Mai Mai

What are you guys using?

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    also got a 7ft one swap for a rifle or shottie
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I went from tinnies to a Canadian canoe,surprising how much you can load them up,I usually have 40 decoys,shooting gear and a large gsp and paddle 750m from boat ramp to mai mai,way faster than my mate in his 10ft tinny.

Red face Replacement of 8 footer

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    I normally shoot over a lake on the coast. Had till recently been using a 8 foot alu tinnie - some wanker stole it.

I am now looking for something to replace, even considering an inflatable, id prefer not to be arse raped in price but realise its an oportunity to maybe consider options.

something light that could with a bit of energy be thrown on top of truck (inflatable canoe in this respects would be great), im thinking it would still be ideal to have a rigid hull? or do i go back to what i know and find a 8footer and do up again??? was a little small at times with a shit load of decoys and another person but was really handy to pull up in behind the Mai Mai

What are you guys using?
    This is so sad for stole of 8 foot alu tinnie i read you post and you are looking for inflatable so i want to conform you that i am selling my old inflatable within half price
    condition is good but this is large then 8footer complete model is inflatable canoe cat 12''. As you ask (that what are you using) so i was using inflatable canoe from my start now i
    want to change model of my boat if you don't need it then you can find 8 footer new model from amazon.
    canoe is also known as water hunting king....
    Last edited by johnjake; 20-11-2019 at 04:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

I just bought an inflatable off these guys that i use for fishing.

https://www.facebook.com/aboutinflatables

Locally made using high quality materials that can be repaired if you need and not some nasty cheap materials that will end up in a landfill in 3 or 4 years , easy to deal with and will custom make to your specs. A mate uses his for duck hunting and can carry a truck load of decoys.

I use a 13 ft fryan with 15hp merc....4 x 250ltr plastic drums of decoys=1st load.....all the crews gear=2nd load all the crew =3rd load
    we started out on tractor tubes...went to kayaks....bought the tinnie and wouldnt go back. hunting from yak itself was great fun,but tinnie just so easy.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    10ft camo ali tini
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by johnjake View Post
    This is so sad for stole of 8 foot alu tinnie i read you post and you are looking for inflatable so i want to conform you that i am selling my old inflatable within half price
    condition is good but this is large then 8footer complete model is inflatable canoe cat 12''. As you ask (that what are you using) so i was using inflatable canoe from my start now i
    want to change model of my boat if you don't need it then you can find 8 footer new model from amazon.
    canoe is also known as water hunting king....

Thank you for your reply to my post (from April last year), i have in the mean time acquired a great inflatable, Lombard, the domestic version from the Zodiac company, worked a treat. Also im just a little over the road a bit and courier postage would probably make my eyes water!

why do i get the distinct feeling i will soon be getting emails regarding russian brides?

you shouldnt be on the forum you should be rewiring your caravan

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    you shouldnt be on the forum you should be rewiring your caravan
    i know i know......... i should actually be removing the rotten framing and making up the templates to re frame the corners, i also have to find a dummies guide to panel beating!!!!! but hey i got it back in one piece from the farm......that was a better than expected

I will go get some timber and make a start

Name:  IMG_3396.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  1.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    i know i know......... i should actually be removing the rotten framing and making up the templates to re frame the corners, i also have to find a dummies guide to panel beating!!!!! but hey i got it back in one piece from the farm......that was a better than expected

I will go get some timber and make a start

Attachment 124385
    i have some nice hardwood you can have, its some sort of south american stuff and also some cedar . its about 50mm x 20mm and really strong.
    help yourself to it or i will chop it up for next years kindling

put it aside........

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    it looks that small the walls will bulge every time you fart in it. keep a look out for that mercanti ply i think you can get it in 5mm and its fairly bendy so it will follow the curves quite well.
    That’s actually advice I really really need, not the farting, I apparently have exceeded any expectation in that area, but I’m really keen to sort out what is the best ply to reline the inside, thank you!

our poptop is similar size...previous owner put a section of 50mm box between axel and body...the added lift is a real bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    our poptop is similar size...previous owner put a section of 50mm box between axel and body...the added lift is a real bonus.
    I’m thinking in the future putting in leaf spring suspension in, its got a ton of things to go in yet and having more ground clearance for a number of reasons is really going to be helpful
    Micky Duck likes this.