Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duck Caller

Duck Caller

So well the last weekend of the season I went down for a shot to finish the season well.
    Jump Shot a backwash, sweet 5 down. I have to swim out and get them cos the wind is blowing them the wrong way.
    Sit down with my 5mallards on the bank beside me.
    Next thing there are another handfull more flying over looking to come in. So I reach down for a caller, bugger me days its fallen apart and all I have left is the barrel.
    So I searched for a while but couldn't find it in the waist high fescue and give up.

Now I need a new caller, the one I lost was a DJ Sonderman 66.
    Recommendations please; Quite keen on a RIP Mallard from that fella in Alexandra (mind blank at the moment)

puku

Alan Hammond

Any of Alans calls are good, I have 3, the Duck Commander calls work well at a good price, my personal fav at the moment is a RNT daisy cutter, its the first single reed call Ive had any success with. All calls blow differently so you need to find one that suits you, it can be a long process but at the end you own lots of calls

yea I really liked the DJ call, I've got a Duck Commander one (had two so far) and don't like this one much either (gave the last away). The one I have a present is a Six Shooter I think.
    Also got a Haydels one that I liked for ages but its crap now, due to me playing around.

I found once I got the DJ one right I didn't like the sound from my others.
    Might do a search for the RNT Daisey Cutter

Olt 66 great caller.I got one made from down south and its brilliant.pm me if ya want the details.

Ejected
    Go see Alan, he's down at fruitlands on the left opposite the shop. Real good calls, and if it goes off stop in and he'll retune it. I don't like his parrie call, must stop and get mine changed over. His real love is goose calls, but that doesn't take away from his duck ones. You know you want one, and his calls have some soul to them....

cheers Wirehunt,

I've wondered where he was. Well yeah I might have to pop over there at some point and annoy him.
    Yeah I rate his goose calls!