Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Exciting this season.....

Just another outdoors addict

Exciting this season.....

Have you made or are you about to make a purchase that has been keenly anticipated? Have you got a goal for the season?

Other priorities have meant I haven't made too many duck related purchases this season so my excitement will come from goals I have set to hunt a few area's I haven't hunted before. As always I'm keen to see Max expand my hunting opportunities and also I want to get more and better photo's.

So what's in store for you this season?

I want to try film some shooting this year last year I had the camera set up but was too busy shooting to film I didn't want to miss out on the action and neither did my brother. This year I will try harder.

I look forward to seeing your pics.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I want to try film some shooting this year last year I had the camera set up but was too busy shooting to film I didn't want to miss out on the action and neither did my brother. This year I will try harder.

Yes I am still like that. I try and take action photo's but enevitably pick up the gun..... Well I hope to see a bit of video footage from you and your brother.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post

Invite Peter Jackson along for opening morning Toby. Tell him to bring a film crew
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

My goal is to be able to perhaps see water from my maimai ! . And then perhaps a duck ! .
    Breda, Dundee, Vapour and 1 others like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I went a bit crazy in the last 12 months gone from never been duck shooting before this time last year to owning 2 doz ghg pg floaters 2doz ghg pg full bodys. dead zone layout blind, hammond RIP, DC duck picker, BG spit fire, Zink green machine duck calls. Hammond short reed and a molt gear EX3 goose calls. Half a doz big foot goose decoys on the way and a couple floaters. access to half a dozen ponds and grain stubble.
    Goals: be more selective and accurate with my shots
    Try not to get too excited and focus on my shooting form.

To get a 'wild deer' from my own efforts.......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Excited to see how my spread looks

Ejected
    You have done well Username.

My new toys for the season are a new goose call in this years colors and automatic feeders to try and turn our pond into a morning pond. I don't have a goal because I have shot enough birds in the early season that I will still be happy even if duck season is a fizzer.

Gday Massive you may have noted i have started my big foot army even though i was going to leave any goose purchaces till next year just cant help myself.

My goal is to put petros and his Irish setter onto some pheasants & quail during the week we are up north , Pointer is joining us also so looking forward to opening and the week that follows.
    Pointer and Petros_mk like this.

Petros will have a great time with his Setter UP north and his dog will do famously with you up there Z !
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Have a couple of new duck calls for this season ,seem to be a bit better than the previous. And a dozen Parry decoys that hope fully will bring a few more birds into range .Went a little over board with the new 3D camo gear but might pay off too.
    Gun control means using both hands

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    I went a bit crazy in the last 12 months gone from never been duck shooting before this time last year to owning 2 doz ghg pg floaters 2doz ghg pg full bodys. dead zone layout blind, hammond RIP, DC duck picker, BG spit fire, Zink green machine duck calls. Hammond short reed and a molt gear EX3 goose calls. Half a doz big foot goose decoys on the way and a couple floaters. access to half a dozen ponds and grain stubble.
    Goals: be more selective and accurate with my shots
    Try not to get too excited and focus on my shooting form.
    I take it you are a boots and all type of guy. You'll get plenty of joy out of that lot

Thats a great goal that plenty of us should adopt....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allen View Post
    Have you made or are you about to make a purchase that has been keenly anticipated? Have you got a goal for the season?

Other priorities have meant I haven't made too many duck related purchases this season so my excitement will come from goals I have set to hunt a few area's I haven't hunted before. As always I'm keen to see Max expand my hunting opportunities and also I want to get more and better photo's.

So what's in store for you this season?

Like Toby, I hope to improve my video footage this year. I usually get about 2 hours of unedited footage, and I am learning more about what not to do!!. With a little camcorder, there is plenty that can go wrong. I will try not to get another 15 mins of footage of my feet, while talking crap with my son. The video gets dumped when a mob comes around, but I think I will do more video than shooting this year - well I have good intentions anyway.
    Breda likes this.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion