Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By Hunter595

Thread: First opening in 25 years

First opening in 25 years

After a 25 year break I am back duck hunting, shot on. A public lake not far from home, the bird tally wasn’t anything to brag about but I got a few. I was especially pleased my GWP bitch that I got as a 12 month old with no training retrieved everything including a wounded one which had got into the Raupo.
    The lake I hunt on has a public walkway around it, yesterday I had all sorts, from a couple with 2 kids in strollers to an Asian family who wanted to video my dog retrieving and then let their kids throw stones at my decoys, at that point I politely suggested that perhaps Hamilton lake might be a more appropriate place for a walk in the sun.
    Even this morning an elderly couple walking their two little dogs wandered past at least 12 Mai mais and when asked what they were doing said we always walk here on a Sunday and why should the walkway be closed for you duck shooters, this is a public place .
    But it was great to be back in a mai mai with a caller and a dog,
    tetawa, gqhoon, Dama dama and 6 others like this.