Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bonecrusher

Thread: Full Body Decoys

Full Body Decoys

Looking at buying half doz full body decoys from H&F got some credit to use up there.
    Looking at Avian axp full body mallards vs ghg . shot over some older ghg non flock decks last season and worked well with that bit of movement. Any one recommend one brand over the other.

Avianx
    Just bought some resters preners

I brought a dozen GHG full bodied decoys some years ago now. Man have they served me well. First thing I did was get out the Matt paint and get rid of the ridiculous green head that comes on most drakes. Modified the ducks too with a bit of brown paint.

I don't know if Full Bodies influence pond shooting success to any great extent apart from adding to a spread, they are an expensive item. I judge generating movement on water be it a jerk string & wing spinners generate more shooting opportunities. I have had ducks almost land on wing spinners especially if they are on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    I don't know if Full Bodies influence pond shooting success to any great extent apart from adding to a spread, they are an expensive item. I judge generating movement on water be it a jerk string & wing spinners generate more shooting opportunities. I have had ducks almost land on wing spinners especially if they are on their own.
    Im going the other way this year. No robo ducks , no spinners - just floating and standing decoys and probably a handful of stones as the ducks are making the turn for a pass.

Just wanting to add to the spread and make it look a little more natural. Got a jerk string set up and wing spinner

I clicked on this thread because I thought I was going to see pictures of you sitting in a creek in a giant duck suit....
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Name:  cd1306bcdd1f4d5ca07789a871fc4df4.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  20.6 KB
    Spudattack and gsp follower like this.

Looks like i will have to order them in locally doesn't look like they are going to get any in. I like to touch before i buy. Has any use the avian x full body black duck decoys??