Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By chindit
  • 1 Post By gsp follower
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Woody
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By omark

Thread: Help What is the correct etiquette for stands

Help What is the correct etiquette for stands

Ballots been and gone. There are stands not balloted (empty) at a lake just down the road and I have the chance of borrowing a gun for a 1 off shoot or probably more like quacking my head off while I freeze my tits off . Reading all the gamebird info It seams that I can claim a stand if no one is there. Is this correct as dont want to piss anyone off.
    Haven't looked into this so I just will ask here. Can you get a day shooting license from fish and game.
    MB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chindit View Post
    Ballots been and gone. There are stands not balloted (empty) at a lake just down the road and I have the chance of borrowing a gun for a 1 off shoot or probably more like quacking my head off while I freeze my tits off . Reading all the gamebird info It seams that I can claim a stand if no one is there. Is this correct as dont want to piss anyone off.
    Haven't looked into this so I just will ask here. Can you get a day shooting license from fish and game.
    not for opening weekend you cant get a weekend or week licence.
    stands that are balloted dont need tagging for opening
    they are for the use of the ballotees exclusively that weekend.
    unless ofcourse on the day they tell you themselves they aint useing it.
    if they say before opening then it goes to a balloter who missed out
    chindit likes this.

standard practice/public land maimais...need to be retagged before TAGGING DAY each season or someone else can tag it for themselves..... if person who has tagged it isnt in place by 8AM ...anyone can use it for the day....your maimai MUST have accessible shooting platform if on public land....so even those big maimais that are more a house than a hut,have area anyone can legally use for days shooting....IF YOU DECIDE to use someones maimai...respect it and leave it as you found it....
    a lot of maimais are never used after first two weekends of season.
    mikee and chindit like this.

sorry mate didnt read it right yup if its taggednot ballotted i believe the 7.30 rules apply.
    you,d have to be a asshole kind of duckshooter to tag a pozzie then wander out at 7,30 anyway.
    not to mention how soul crushing it,d be to be waiting to jump in the pozzie then they turn up bang on 7.30
    .everybodies usually well ensconsed by then
    if not tagged by tagging day rip in and get yours on there

Go see Fish and Game. They will set you right.
    mikee likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Thanks guys. Think I have got how it all works now. had a look at the stands down the lake some have tags still from previous years.

and 90% of them will get fresh tags on or before tagging weekend...... go have a squizz AFTER tagging weekend,you might find one that has been left....good manners would be to try and contact last user of it....
    chindit and bigbear like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chindit View Post
    If it’s not been allocated through the ballot then call the fish & game guys and explain that you are keen to shoot it. They may allocate it to you
    chindit likes this.